Posted May 20, 2013
While the school is great, the community as a whole is very disappointing. There is a lot of pressure to be perfect. There are many girls who starve themselves, and cut themselves. I am shocked - the more I learn, the more I worry about the long term mental health of the kids in the middle and high school.

Posted July 05, 2012
I was a student at this school for 2 years and, let me tell ya, right now I cannot imagine a better school. I mean sure, there's always room for improvements, but that's probably only due to the attitudes of some of the students. The students by the way, and I don't know if they do this in every or many schools, are split into nine different clusters, three for each grade, all of which are named for colors. Some of the clusters are loop clusters, meaning the students would be there for 2 years. I was in Aqua Cluster, which is a 6-7 grade loop, as there can also be 7-8 loop. Each cluster is special in their own ways and so whatever cluster a student gets they're almost guaranteed they'll love it and be biased. For example, our cluster is the only cluster still allowed to do overnight field trips. But because we got to do those lots of kids in other clusters hated us. There were also LOTS of other kids who thought they were all cool so they were really mean, and some smoked weed. But bullying is the thing a student most likely won't have to worry about. The eager-to-work teachers aren't the kind to let you deal with your problems, but rather help you. I honestly LOVE BMS :P

Posted November 04, 2009
I couldn't imagine wanting to work or send my kids anywhere else.

Posted November 04, 2009
The success of the school starts with the Administration: Superintendent, Assistant Super, Administrative staff, Principal, VP, faculty, support staff, community,parents and children. Everyone works together. Kids take their studies and school life seriously, they are involved in many afterschool activities, or getting help, going to the library. Teachers don't let kids fall through the cracks. Kids do not have the option of failing. There is also a lot of social services support in the school. Barrington Middle School is like no other. They are at the top of their game.

Posted November 04, 2009
We have an awesome staff and very supportive parents, but what I love most is our kids! They are the best!

Posted November 04, 2009
We have the most talented faculty in the state!

Posted October 05, 2009
This is a work environment where almost everyone will honestly do 'what ever it takes' to help a child have a positive learning experience!!

Posted October 04, 2009
The teachers and administration always put kids first!

Posted February 14, 2008

Posted January 06, 2006
- a administrator

Barrington Middle School
Middle Hwy, Barrington, RI  02806
Last modified Barrington Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barrington Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top