Bristol, RI

Posted April 21, 2014
(Continued again) Well I'll just try and finish this up. Anyway, as if that wasn't bad enough, it was time for me to go to lunch as it was 10:41 and I had English next and 1st floor D wing usually has first lunch... And guess what? I wasn't even allowed to go to much because one of the teachers said I had to go back to the Alternative Learning Program room as I was enrolled in that program to be rewarded for doing what I was supposed to do but even then I really didn't receive many rewards for doing exactly that and when I tried to get away, he blocked the door on me, of course! So now I get punished for trying to follow my routine? Give me a break! So basically, from my view, the staff in this school cares nothing for you if you have an I.E.P and just seems to throw common sense out the window when dealing with these types of ordeals... Thank god for homeschooling!

Posted April 09, 2011
I am proud to be a student of Mt. Hope High School. I'm a freshmen and I've learned so much here already. The after school programs such as extended day, peer helpers, and a new addition MASH (Math & Science Help) are so helpful for any student. Every teacher I have works hard at what they do and never give up. In addition, they all stay after. When a student of MHHS needs help there is a staff member to help. I believe the enviorment in this school is relaxing and comforting. Whch makes it less stressfull for students and also gives them a good learning atmosphere. Another great thing about this school is the arts department. As a memeber of the Mt. Hope High School Marching Band, I have to say I've never had so much fun. The staff at MHHS is amazing along with the arts and sports programs. MHHS is the best High School for any student and I recomend every student should go there.

Posted October 21, 2009
I do not think this school is good in standards.

Mt. Hope High School 2

Posted March 26, 2009
Mt. Hope High School is only concerned with appearances. As a teacher of this school, it has become increasingly apparent to me that the school is only concerned with band-aid fixes for NECAP scores and nepatism - both of which seriously harm the learning of students. While some teachers try hard and make themselves available to students, many more are rewarded and congratulated for doing the least work. Discipline is virtually non-existant, and is constantly undermined by oblivious administration. My love of teaching has been ruined by the 3+ years of working here.

Mt. Hope High School

Posted September 19, 2008
The school is okay if you don't mind ignorance from the staff. The students are extremely self-absorbed, but that goes with the territory in Bristol. The parents here are not big on education. All they care about are appearances.

Posted June 29, 2007
The Acting program is one of the best I've ever seen, however, they should consider opening the bathrooms they're probably breaking a health code having them all locked.

Mt. Hope High School 5

Posted April 14, 2006
As a former graduate of the class of 2005 from Mt. Hope High School, I can honestly say I have received a great education from this school, and it prepared me well for college. In response to the reviews, I believe each student has the ability to do exceptionally well academically and socially in Mt. Hope, however, it is his or her own responsibility and duty to acheive those goals. Mt. Hope high school contains numerous students who have excelled academically and move on to many prestigious colleges. This past year Mt. Hope has rated 8th in the state! As a chemistry and psychology major, I know for a fact Mt. Hope High School is wonderful school. It depends on how the students utilize the education offered, and its up to the parents whether they take part in their child's education.

Posted June 24, 2005
I completely disagree with the April, 2005 review. My son who just graduated had major knee surgery during his senior year and unfortunately had to miss time out of school. Both his teachers and guidance counselor were more than helpful to get him back on track when he returned to school so he could be where everyone else was. Anytime I contacted his teacher(s) or guidance counselor they always got back to me within a 24 hour period and were always helpful. My son was accepted at 4 different colleges and did well in his classes there.

Posted April 14, 2005
I am ashamed of my daughter even attending mount hope high school. If I would of known sooner that teachers are so careless about their students I personally would have enrolled my daughter in a private school. This is school is such a shame. It's very unorganized, you never can get any anwsers through the school, they have no spirit or moral and most teenagers who attend this school end up dropping out. Overall I rate this school very poorly. Something must be done with the bristol/warren faculty teaching methods.

Mt. Hope High School 5

Posted February 19, 2005
I would like to first say that the previous review is outdated. Mt Hope has recently seen the biggest increases in state testing scores in its history. It in now considered a high performing school and the scores are still going up. Under the direction of a new principal, students feel more connected to their school then ever before. Teachers at Mt Hope are some of the best available and are never afraid to try something new. They frequently receive feedback from students and adjust their lesson plans to accomidate for each students learning habbits. In this time where parents are constantly crying out for better schools that can accommodate for their students needs, Mt Hope has come through and answered.

Mt. Hope High School
199 Chestnut St, Bristol, RI  02809
Last modified Mt. Hope High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mt. Hope High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top