Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school's BEE expectations are great models for the students and teachers...they use and show & model respect & learning to the students and each other every day.

Blackrock teachers and admin are wonderful! They truly care about all their students and put the kids' needs, education and concerns first! My kids attended for 7 years and we loved every teacher. It might not be fancy from the outside - but they are fixing that - but it is great on the inside and everyone is doing great! We love Blackrock!

In reply to another comment on this page...The school has entered the digital age. The library doesn't look like clothes closet. The school website is wonderful and easy to use and informative! And there's a reason why the names / class lists are on the window. "From what I understand, they do that to cause less conflict with students wanting another teacher or parents wanting another. It is done late and in the window as well because sometimes thy get an over flow or children move! Sherri O

This is a great school. The teachers are all welcoming and friendly to everyone and they supply the students with a wonderful education. My children love going to school and get upset when they get sick. The teachers go the extra mile for their students, this is not seen everywhere and it should be. The teachers and school are like a second family to our children and our children need to know that they are cared about. Every child is cared about at Blackrock. The school offers many cultural arts events and have many physical activities for the students. The teachers help all students so that if you are one whom is having a difficult time learning or one that is excelling, you will get the extra support that is needed. Blackrock is a wonderful and great school.

Friendly and "homey" but not a leader in its field. Doesn't appear as though this school has entered into the digital age. The library is a converted clothes closet. The school website is below average. Teacher/School communication still relies on paper (for example, the assigned teacher list at the beginning of the year was taped to the school window, not posted on a website or emailed to parents).

We love Blackrock School because it is school full of love, education, and care for the the people around you.

There was one very special teacher there that helped my daughter and if it wasn't for her my daughter would not be going into her 3nd year of collage. Mrs Jankowski went above and beyond her teaching duty. She in my eyes should be a role model for all teachers. She was my daughters 4th grade teacher and mentor in middle school up to high school. If all schools could have teachers like her, there would never be a kid that would drop out of school. All kids all over would graduate and become something. So thank you Blackrock for having such a wonderful teacher!

My son has attended this school since 2007. He is in the preschool program. I have had a great experience with his teacher Mrs Cohn and with the principal. He also has a gross motor delay and the pt and ot staff are great. Aidan loves to go to school and he is very independent and determined. I will be very sad when he has to go to tiogue next year for kindergarten. I wish he could stay at blackrock.

We love Blackrock! The teachers are so involved and caring. Mrs. Castle, the principal goes above and beyond with the students. I couldnt be more pleased!

We had a mid-year transfer into Blackrock and I've been very pleased with my child's progress since moving into this school. He comes home excited to be learning new things and making new friends. I've seen a great improvement in reading/language skills in just a couple of months and we are pleased with the teacher, principal and other staff members who have been so helpful during this transition.

Last modified Blackrock School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.