Coventry, RI

Oak Haven School 5

Posted April 04, 2009
I have spent a good deal of time at Oak Haven and at other local schools as a substitute teacher over the past year. I have consistently been impressed by the principal - Ms. Miner's dedication to improving the personal and academic success of the students. She holds high expectations and helps students and teachers meet them. She and the teachers make great efforts to reach out to parents and to build community (through family/school events, newsletters, regularly-updated website, etc) I found Oak Haven to be a more supportive and effective school than others I have visited locally, and I am genuinely surprised be the low GreatSchools score. I believe Ms. Miner has not been there that long, so maybe the effects of her strong leadership are yet to come...

Oak Haven School 1

Posted January 27, 2008

Oak Haven School 5

Posted March 24, 2005
I am a teacher who has worked or visited many schools over the years. I feel Oak Haven is an exemplary school due to the leadership of the principal, Mrs. Raptakis. At Oak Haven, 'it's all about the kids' which is how a school should operate. The teachers and support staff are extremely committed to the needs of all students. This school is truly a school family.

Oak Haven School 4

Posted December 14, 2004
I had 2 children that went to this school. They loved it. The teachers were caring and made learning fun for them. They had both been to 2 other schools because of moves and this is the one they loved the most. The only disappointment for me was the grading system, they used a very vague grading system. It was much better when there was a percentrage system, I think the kids got a better feel for how they were doing. Everything else was great. I was very happy with this school as a parent and plan to send my other children there.

Oak Haven School