Posted July 17, 2011
Excellent education.My child loves to go to school,he cried on the last day.His teacher made a DVD of the school year and how can you beat the involvment and caring of the school and the teacher.

Posted April 27, 2009
What a wonderful school. The parent involvement is so high it makes the community very strong. I have nothing but great things to say about it.

Posted August 28, 2006
I have nothing but positive things to say about this school, the testing procedures and the way the teachers communicate with the parents and get the parents involved in the classroom. I was disappointed to read about 'favorites' in another review, and after 4 years of my son going to this school, I have yet to experience anything like this. My advice when sending your child to this school--get involved anyway you can. You and your child will benefit from it Showing as much support as your time can afford--even if it is only sending pleasant feedback to the teachers/staff. Get involved. You will love this school.

Western Coventry School 3

Posted May 05, 2005
I have two children that attend is this school. And although the curriculm is superior to other schools in the area, the faculty are another story. There is constant favoritism shown to students that have parents who either work for the school or are involved in the PTA, or simply volunteer at the school. Their children are given special treatment and complaints of bullying are handled poorly or disregarded completely. Although my children are receiving a superior education, their social and emotional well being are being compromised.

Posted November 07, 2004
I have two children that attend this school. We came from the highest rated school in cranston. Western has a better teaching staff, principal, and family friendly community. They get my highest praise. Keep up the good work.

Posted April 23, 2004
As a former student of Western Coventry, I was anxious for my daughter to start. I was pleased to see that although some things have changed it still feels the same. The students are encouraged to challenge themselves and as a parent I always feel welcome whether volunteering or just visiting. I do think that too much emphasis is placed on grade level testing, but that has more to do with the school district than the school. Even some of the teachers I had as a child were still there teaching, that says a lot to me. It still feels like home. Nothing like a country school!

Western Coventry School 3

Posted April 18, 2004
The education is great, but the faculty themselves upset me. I have heard teachers at this school talk about parents and students openly with other people around. Privacy is not valued at this school and I feel as some teachers do not display feelings that children needs as they grow. The education is great, but some of the faculty members are below par.

Posted March 04, 2004
As a parent who has experienced both public and private schools I feel Western Coventry is equal to if not above. The quality of education, parent and teacher envolvement is far beyond what I had expected. The individual needs of our children are always meet. The standards for our school is set high and in my opinion are meet. Any child attending this school is sure to get the best possible education available in our state, regardless if it be public or private. I did my homework before moving to this district and it payed off for myself and my children. Anyone considering moving to this district should just talk to the parents like myself you will be amazed.

Posted September 24, 2003
I compare this school with private school. Their curriculum is demanding and standards high, but isn't that what we expect from schooling? Parent involvement is high and is very much promoted. I wouldn't think of any other public school I'd like my children to attend.

Western Coventry School
4588 Flat River Rd, Coventry, RI  02816
Last modified Western Coventry School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Western Coventry School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.