Posted June 10, 2013
Love this school! My son has attended the1st and 2nd grade here and he is excelling academically. We are very happy with the teacher and parent interaction. The principle is always accessible and involved in my sons day to day environment as well. We have had several incidents while my son is still learning his boundaries and the teachers and principle were very supportive and understanding to our son and to us as parents while we all worked together to resolve his issues. While still maintaining a firm stance with him so he learns responsibility. Very highly recommended school

Posted May 17, 2012
The team of teachers and administration at Chester Barrows is surely impressive. The school provides a community, as well as structure that is needed for children to succeed in the future. While my son only attended Barrows for two years, I quickly learned how dedicated the staff is. Barrows certainly is a Great SchooL!

Posted January 11, 2011
This school is the best! Both my daughter and my son love the teachers, principal, and the other children. I highly reccomend this school!

Chester W. Barrows School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
The kids here are very smart, and the teachers do alot to make them that way.

Posted January 31, 2008

Posted January 27, 2007
Chester Barrows is a school that sincerely cares about the children. They curriculum is always new and exciting along with the teachers that have to teach it. Our new principal, Mr. Rotz, truly loves the kids and I truly think knows everyone's name, along with Mrs. 'K', the school secretary. The PTO is very parent involved and raise quite a bit of money for the children. I am thrilled with Chester Barrows, it brings back the old neighborhood school!! Patty

Posted April 11, 2006
What an outstanding school! My son was in private school for 3 years before going to Barrows, and now that we are moving, I am still searching hard for a school that even compares. Teachers are effective, parent involvement is great, and students truly get ahead. Better than private school, I highly reccommend this school to anyone.

Posted June 11, 2004

Posted February 23, 2004
When I tell you that this is the type of school you only dream about, it's the truth. Mr. J, the principal, and his staff do such an outstanding job that I would have based my decision to move to Cranston based on Barrows alone. This is the type of school that a working mom doesn't mind taking her child to, and I'm very happy and fortunate Barrows is here to educate my children. Thank you, Mr. J and the facilitators of the Independent Education Program!

Posted January 12, 2004
I have a daughter in kindergarten and she comes home and teaches me and my wife things that we forgot over the years. The teacher is very thorough with each student and assures a proper education while maintaning a level of fun. I recommend this school to any parent in the area looking for a great school.

Chester W. Barrows School
9 Beachmont Ave, Cranston, RI  02905
Last modified Chester W. Barrows School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chester W. Barrows School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top