Bad
Good

I graduated from Cranston High School East in 1972. I received and excellent education. I furthered my education and became a doctor. No, it was not easy, but it was not that hard either. The reason is because of all of the great teachers and curriculum that I had at CHSE. The only purpose that the teachers had was to ensure that the students received an excellent education and knew the material. I had a chemistry teacher who stayed after school one night until 5:00 p.m. to explain a chemistry concept to me. If that is not dedication and commitment then I do not know what is. It saddens me a great deal to see that the school is not what it used to be academically. All that the politicians are interested in is if you can pass a useless standardized test, not if you actually learned anything to prepare you to go on to college or life in general. SO, SO SAD. CHSE was one of the best high schools in the state when I attended.

Needs more discipline and need to enforce the dress code. Principal is very good and is trying to get hold of the situation.

I think Cranston east does a terrible job with parent involvment.Through much personal experience I realize there are a lot of children but they tend to focus on the troubled or excelling children and not the middle kids that are slipping away.

East I have found to have less in academic programs then the alternate (West). I find the athletic program to be good, however less funded. The parent involvement is very little.

Last modified Cranston High School East is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.