Posted April 20, 2014
Edgewood Highlands does not have a huge new facility but it is well-maintained and pleasant. The administrators and teachers are friendly and accessible. The diversity is wonderful--all those beautiful faces! As at any school, student success is a matter of family involvement and support.

Posted April 06, 2014
We have been an Edgewood family for almost 3 years and we have been very happy with the school. Like other reviewers have said, it feels like an extended family in many ways. Every teacher we have dealt with has been excellent and worked to ensure that my son reaches his full potential and enjoys learning. Every time we walk in the building, it is apparent that the staff and students are happy to be there. The principal truly cares about each student and family and is always willing to work with the PTO to bring additional activities to the school. The diversity is refreshing, and although the demographics bring challenges I feel that EHS meets them in positive ways that improve the community for all. I am proud to be an EHS parent.

Posted April 06, 2014
We have two girls who attend EHS, one in 5th grade and one in 2nd grade. We have been an EHS family for 6 years. My girls love their school. The principle knows every single child and their siblings and families. We love the diversity of the student body. The PTO is active; the students have a wide variety of in school assemblies and field trips. The teachers are always available to meet with parents and seem to be invested in getting the best out of their students. Every summer the teachers participate in trainings and are well trained in class content and classroom behavior management. They seem to really care about the kids. This benefits the students who seem happy to be there and seems to generally get along with others which make the activities, events and field trips to be enjoyable times. The school could definitely benefit from $5000. Our cafeteria/ gym/ auditorium is in desperate need of sound proofing. The Building would also benefit from some attention from the Cranston School Dept.

Posted April 05, 2014
Test scores don't say everything about a school. My children have always gone to Edgewood and I am going to be sad when the last one leaves. The school is like a giant extended family. As the mural in the lobby says 'we are the world', it's a very diverse school. The principal is very hands on, knows all the children and parents by name. Most of the teachers my children have had are top notch, going out of their way to make sure each of my children makes the most of their education.

Posted April 04, 2014
It is a community school, supported by the surrounding neighborhood and the students families. Diversity is important to me. A school that models the real world gives children an advantage in forming their values. Edgewood Highland is such a school. My son has benefited from knowing children of different races and religions. His knowledge of the world and what to expect are informed by his experiences. The teachers are available and involved. The PTO is robust and active. My son has excelled in his classwork and is excited about his education and school. I give this school a high rating for all these reasons

Posted April 03, 2014
I've had a great experience with both my kids at Edgewood Highland. The teachers really go above and beyond. All the teachers have been very accessible - we meet "officially" several times a year but I've always been able to meet any other time as well. Don't be concerned about the test scores (we have a lot of non-native speakers for whom standardized testing is considerably more difficult). High ability kids are challenged here and ones who need extra help are given it. Plus this must be the most diverse school I've ever been in (not that the kids notice that at all). We're so happy this is our school.

Posted April 03, 2014
My children have received quality educations at Edgewood Highland School. I feel that my children are safe when they are at school. My children are treated with kindness and respect by their peers and by their teachers. Edgewood Highland offers a wide variety of culturally diverse assemblies that educate the students on a global scale. The student population is ethnically diverse and truly represents the real world, which is something that is important to me as a parent.

Posted April 03, 2014
Edgewood Highland School is an amazing environment for learning. The school is filled with extremely talented and patient teachers and the principal is one of a kind. I had my child in a private school prior and I regret having her at the private school when she could have been at Edgewood Highland. My child is encouraged to want to learn, given the tools to learn and rewarded for her effort. Saying all this you'd think Edgewood Highland was in a community made up of middle to upper income families. Edgewood Highland has a 58% poverty rate. The teachers, principal and PTO members raise money to supply the kids with field trips, playground paintings and family nights. This school could greatly benefit from being $5000. Honestly if someone dropped off $20 in the office the school would be so thankful. Every penny helps. I would love to see the lunch room (which is also the assembly room) improved to make it a place the children are proud of.

Edgewood Highland School 1

Posted September 23, 2013
I would give this school less stars, if possible. The lack of drive to educate non-gifted students by teachers, curtailed with the leadership of an unprofessional principal, does not provide room to help children succeed. If you child is a A-B child, this will not change. If your child enters s a C-D child, his/her confidence will dwindle on account of the negative interaction with teachers, which is clearly obvious even with parent/teacher interaction. It is unfortunate that the great school system of Cranston has allowed this school to continue with its current organization.

Posted July 17, 2013
This school is a Title I school and has a number of students who are ESL. over the past few years the Principle has focused on improving scores. this year they met most of their targets. We are very pleased with our experience at EHS. both my 5th grader and 2nd grader love going to school every day. they are high preforming kids who work hard at doing well in school. this is the type of school where the Principle knows every student by name. disruptive behaviors are managed and little evidence of bullying at school. teachers are easy to engage in conversation and are dedicated to their students progression. the students are generally supportive of their classmates and work together. it is a great little school, being Title I there are extra resources. I highly recommend this school.

Edgewood Highland School
160 Pawtuxet Ave, Cranston, RI  02905
Last modified Edgewood Highland School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edgewood Highland School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top