Posted April 26, 2014
I went to school at Gladstone Street School from 1959-1964. It was an excellent school then, but so was the US educational system. ALL of my teachers were excellent. They made sure that you learned the material. Their only purpose was to provide the students with a solid education. They cared about each child. Progress reports were sent out if the child was not performing up to his/her capabilities. It saddens me to see that it has gone down hill, academically and teacher caring. My fifth grade teacher saw me one day at the school after I had graduated high school and remembered who I was. If that is not caring and taking a special interest in the students, then I do not know what is.

Gladstone Street School 2

Posted March 29, 2014
When I was there between 1969 to 1972,we had a vice principle yelling on a public address system at lunch for us never to talk.The wall was all we learned and we frequently were not allowed to eat our full lunches.bad place then.I truly hope it has changed.it was dreadfull.

Posted March 11, 2009
I have to agree with some parents regarding their comments. But I want to say that what makes an effective teacher is the fact that all students received the same education and are treated equally. In the time my child was attending there, I heard many teachers screaming or yelling at some students, which does not help students excel. The principal have to realized that all parents want the best for their kids and providing negative comments to the students is not too professional. I think the principal is doing a great job, but he has to change the way he expresses himself around people.

Posted June 02, 2008
I worked at Gladstone before I was laid off for a second time with the Cranston Public Schools. Overall, I thought this school far exceeded what I now see in the Massachusetts public schools (where I work now). Staff was the friendliest and worked hard to provide quality education. I really miss working with the students and teachers as well as with the after school program where I taught extended music offerings and helped with homework club. The music program was building when I was there and I'm sure it's being taken care of now knowing the music teacher who replaced me. I also had positive parent interactions which were both helpful to both me and parents. Helping with NECAP and supporting the school environment overall was a joy as I worked extra hard to make Gladstone better in an environment where some kids did not have a good home life.

Posted January 06, 2008
I have two young children in Gladstone. I disagree with the negative comments about the teachers and their lack of interest in getting the children the help that they need. I stay in contact with my childrens teachers dayly. If I ever have a problem I talk to the teachers right away. I feel that if a parent has a problem with a teacher or the Pricipal. It is because of lack of communication.

Posted August 03, 2007

Gladstone Street School 4

Posted January 10, 2007
I find the school to be a wonderful place for children to learn. The teachers are very caring. There is a strong emphasis on the arts and all major subjects are covered on a daily basis. The school is culturally diverse and works hard to incorporate all. The parent involvement is always a tough area, but this school has a strong core of parents, teachers and support staff.

Gladstone Street School 3

Posted March 03, 2006
I have two kids in this school.I would have to say the school is not at all the same as before, we have a new principal, and new teachers. The new principal doesn't follow up if you have a problem. On the other heand I am not happy with the feedback from teachers regarding the child progress. Teachers are not good with positive feedback, but do call you with all negative issues.

Gladstone Street School 3

Posted January 17, 2006
Both of my children graduated from This school last year. I found the teachers for the most part to be very supportive. The previous principal was amazing. He gave his all to this school and every person involved in it. I did however feel that I had to fight for everything I ever recieved in supportive services. As far as parental involvement, it was always the same people. Nobody came out to work with the PTG and the organization can only do so much when 6 people show up for meetings.

Posted April 15, 2005
Teacher quality is excellent. I have first hand experience with several teachers who go well out of their way to assist the children in their class. US Stats prove this school is above average in parent/teacher communication and parent involvement.

Gladstone Street School
50 Gladstone St, Cranston, RI  02920
Last modified Gladstone Street School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gladstone Street School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top