Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My 6 years old went to this school on 2012 thankfully one year. We live our worst nightmare when one day I was called to pick up my son who was at the nurse office. At arrival the main door was again wide open and my son was lost in the school. The nurse said he was with teacher and the teacher said he was with the nurse. He was found with his pants down walking at the hallway. Even though I report the incident to the School Superintendent and I was promised she would sort out what happened she never called me back or received me at her office which I visited frequently. My mistake was not calling the police. This school gave me and my son the worst experience in life. I'm sure they still remember me.

Amount of homework: no rating

The principal once reunite me to let my know to pick my son 1/2 earlier.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

When they decided to lie about the incident my son went through there's no morals they could teach at least not by example.

My son goes to this school and he gets an excellent education.. The teachers and staff are great there and care about the students.. I went there as a child and I then ri had a great education

I went to school at Gladstone Street School from 1959-1964. It was an excellent school then, but so was the US educational system. ALL of my teachers were excellent. They made sure that you learned the material. Their only purpose was to provide the students with a solid education. They cared about each child. Progress reports were sent out if the child was not performing up to his/her capabilities. It saddens me to see that it has gone down hill, academically and teacher caring. My fifth grade teacher saw me one day at the school after I had graduated high school and remembered who I was. If that is not caring and taking a special interest in the students, then I do not know what is.

When I was there between 1969 to 1972,we had a vice principle yelling on a public address system at lunch for us never to talk.The wall was all we learned and we frequently were not allowed to eat our full lunches.bad place then.I truly hope it has changed.it was dreadfull.

I have to agree with some parents regarding their comments. But I want to say that what makes an effective teacher is the fact that all students received the same education and are treated equally. In the time my child was attending there, I heard many teachers screaming or yelling at some students, which does not help students excel. The principal have to realized that all parents want the best for their kids and providing negative comments to the students is not too professional. I think the principal is doing a great job, but he has to change the way he expresses himself around people.

I worked at Gladstone before I was laid off for a second time with the Cranston Public Schools. Overall, I thought this school far exceeded what I now see in the Massachusetts public schools (where I work now). Staff was the friendliest and worked hard to provide quality education. I really miss working with the students and teachers as well as with the after school program where I taught extended music offerings and helped with homework club. The music program was building when I was there and I'm sure it's being taken care of now knowing the music teacher who replaced me. I also had positive parent interactions which were both helpful to both me and parents. Helping with NECAP and supporting the school environment overall was a joy as I worked extra hard to make Gladstone better in an environment where some kids did not have a good home life.

I have two young children in Gladstone. I disagree with the negative comments about the teachers and their lack of interest in getting the children the help that they need. I stay in contact with my childrens teachers dayly. If I ever have a problem I talk to the teachers right away. I feel that if a parent has a problem with a teacher or the Pricipal. It is because of lack of communication.

I find the school to be a wonderful place for children to learn. The teachers are very caring. There is a strong emphasis on the arts and all major subjects are covered on a daily basis. The school is culturally diverse and works hard to incorporate all. The parent involvement is always a tough area, but this school has a strong core of parents, teachers and support staff.

Last modified Gladstone Street School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.