Cranston, RI

Posted May 16, 2013
The school is amazing! Even though there aren't sports, they have tons and tons of in-school and after-school activities like basketball games, volleyball tournaments, may madness, lots of dances etc,. Huge track, baseball field, tennis court, basketball court and a park! Amazing.

Park View Middle School 3

Posted April 27, 2012
Police roam the school drug bust have happened fighting and teachers talking negative to students.

Park View Middle School 4

Posted April 26, 2012
Mr. Rotz is a great principal. He runs a tight ship. Could do without the guidance counselor, Mrs. Conley however. Unprofessional.

Posted August 13, 2008

Park View Middle School

Posted July 05, 2008
I believe the teachers at Park View are doing their jobs well. Unfortunately, there are some parents who have the mindset that it's solely up to the teachers to keep children interested in learning. I am not a teacher, but I do know they do not get paid enough to do the job they do! It's up to us to constantly be involved in our children's education, no matter how busy we may be. That's our job.

Posted December 09, 2007
My years at Park View were definetly the three greatest of my life. everything there is perfect. the teachers, the classes, the extra cirricular activities... everything! my favorite part of PV was and still is there auditorium. it has awsome design and awsome lighting/sound. it is a perfect example of great theatre

Posted October 17, 2005
Park View Middle School is an amazing school! I currently am attending my third year here and I loves it. I comes home each day happy, and have made many friends. All of the teachers that I have had, have been wonderfull. The Princible and Vice Princible are very nice and very involved. I would recomend Park View to andyone! I am very happy go to Park View Middle School.

Park View Middle School 2

Posted September 30, 2005
My daughter attended Park View, and unfortunately, I wouldn't recommend the school. She was in the most advanced classes and was not very challenged. All levels use the same curriculum and the highest level classes are not advanced enough. The acedemically gifted program is virtually non-existent. For two years, one of her major subject teachers was absent for most of the year. Although she was not subject to it, the bullying stories she shared were frightening. The teachers seemed to ignore it. There is not an atmosphere of cooperation between the teachers and students; once when she entered the school trying to manage a large band instrument and a bulky school project, an administrator threatened detention for not removing her winter hat instead of offering help. She had some exceptional teachers, especially in sixth grade math, science and English and enjoys the afterschool activities.

Posted October 25, 2004
I have had two children pass through the doors of Park View Middle School and I have one child currently in attendance. I am also a teacher on staff. I choose to send my children to this school due to the dedication of the staff and the many opportunities available to students through activities during and after school. In addition expectations are high for student achievement and clear expectations are in place. Park View has now been ranked as a high performing school by achieving all of the objectives determined by the RI Department of Education. I always knew this to be true but now it has been documented. As a parent I feel my children are earning an excellent education here. And as a teacher I know that my students receive the same quality.

Park View Middle School 2

Posted May 08, 2004
My son has been at Park View for almost two years now, and I am very concerned about the utter tolerance of bullying and harassment which continues, despite a new administration. The bullies are in control, the victims are at great risk, and the witnesses are afraid to disclose. There is some outstanding teaching, guidance, and resource at this school, but I fear my child and others will not benefit, due partly to their fear of intimidation and their experience with lack of discipline to those who merit it most. - Margaret Connell

Park View Middle School
25 Park View Blvd, Cranston, RI  02910
Last modified Park View Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Park View Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top