Bad
Good

Both of my kids have been going to Dutemple since Kindergarten and they are currently in first and third grade. We all LOVE this school. We have never had any issues and they have both had many caring, intelligent, compassionate teachers. There is a true feeling of community at this school because it is so small, and the teachers and parents seem to have a mutual interest in the kids' education. The principal is often out walking around the school yard after school, and I feel that if I ever had an issue I could approach her and talk about it. I have had conversations with her and she is helpful and friendly. My son has a peanut allergy and I feel he is very safe at this school as well. The only thing I would improve is that I wish there were more challenging materials. It seems that all of the kids are doing the same level of work, which is just mediocre. I have friends who live in other states and their kids are doing much more challenging work. I'm not sure if this is because of this particular school or the RI school system as a whole though.

One word: Awful. I had teachers that treated me like I was two, then teachers that treated me like I was 19. Bullying there: Disgusting. Teachers and principles had no control, nor did they try and gain it. I was there from 2006-12 and I hated it. Most of the time, students were treated like animals. I will never send my kids to that school. EVER.

Dutemple is not for us! We transferred there after moving to Cranston, and it doesn't even compare to our old school in MA. My son was in an accelerated reading program in his old school. It seems Dutemple doesn't even offer such programs, nor do they encourage daily reading. His teacher doesn't seem to know how to communicate with her young students properly. She speaks so my son with attitude and frustration, even when he's NOT misbehaving. Maybe she's teaching the wrong grade level, because a teacher is supposed to be supportive and helpful to students who may not understand directions the first time around. Be patient and understanding! We are going back to our old school!

Teacher/ staff went above and beyond helping my daughter, who struggles w/ reading. Very supportive.

Last modified W. R. Dutemple School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.