Cumberland, RI
Before care: Yes

Posted September 17, 2014
My three children went to Mercymount and I believe that the foundation in education, both academic and mission-oriented, that they received was wonderful. I appreciated that they could be in a caring, academically excellent environment while still learning moral behavior, saying the Pledge of Allegiance and praying throughout the day in appropriate circumstances. The school has upgraded their facilities over the last 10 years to have one of the finest physical plants in the area, especially for an elementary school. These were necessary to stay at the forefront of education in the area and reflect well for the community. Technology is always a priority. I would not have wanted my children to go anywhere else for elementary school!

Mercymount Country Day School 1

Posted May 15, 2014
This school wastes the money they raise... Their Spanish course is awful... Math is a joke because the teacher usually forgets how to teach and ends up drinking diet snapple during class my son left mercymount after sixth grade... Science is almost hysterical the teacher fake teaches when the principle comes in or the assistant principle and doesn't teach at all with just a class. Also he doesn't seem to know how to speak in the first person... Over all I think as a parent I would rate this school 0/10 just bad

Mercymount Country Day School 3

Posted March 06, 2014
We pulled my older son out when he entered seventh and are pulling my younger son out next year. Academically the school was very good until around sixth grade where it goes downhill thereafter. The school is more concerned about its "look" than it is about individual student needs. In some respects I regret having sent my children there. The Spanish program is a joke. six years and my oldest has learned nothing. The sixth grade math teacher needs to retire as he does not know how to teach. The teachers and faculty in general play favoritism to the point that at is somewhat of a running joke among the parents. The school runs one way and that's Sister Martha's way and that is it. Reminiscent of the stories my mother told me about catholic schools in her day and why she quit school before graduating. And they wonder why enrollment is decreasing and losing students to other schools to finish middle school.

Posted February 23, 2014
Both my daughters attended Mercymount. They both loved this school. The faculty are caring and devoted, the academics are challenging, and the sports program is awesome. My girls played basketball, volleyball, and cross country and they are super competitive. Mock Trial, and theatre are also fun for the kids. Another plus about this school is the kids are so nice to one another. There is a zero tolerance for any bullying.

Posted February 13, 2014
Mercymount is a wonderful christian, family-oriented school! My children LOVE going to school and they are greatly benefiting from a nuturing, learning environment. The teacher prepared them to succeed on their standard testing all while having fun!

Posted May 17, 2013
I think Mercymount is a fabulous school all around. I had intended on only sending my kids for Kindergarten but love it so much I could never take them out of the school now.

Mercymount Country Day School 2

Posted April 13, 2011
A strong elementary program but very weak Middle School. The elementary school program has a solid group of teachers; quite dedicated and diligent in following the progress of each student. It's unfortunate this is offset by a subpar middle school program that lacks the fundamentals available in the public school. It's the reason more than half the students depart in the 6th grade for other middle schools, including Mount St. Charles, LaSalle and town public schools. Culturally the school is lacking as the Principal ignores all issues raised by the parents. It's a frustrating exercise as complaints on bullying, teacher issues, and program exceptions receive no reply. The parents essentially run the school and have far too much say in the activities and involvement of those outside the circle of wealthy and influential suburban families.

Posted March 15, 2011
I highly recommend Mercymount Country Day School, in Cumberland, RI. My daughter has been going to MCDS since Pre-K and is now in the second grade. We love that the school educates the "whole person" and teaches and expects each student to act with respect, responsibility and kindness. Academically, the bar is set high, and the children rise to the occasion. Whenever she encounters difficulty, I know immediately and the teacher works-with us to make sure she understands the subject matter before moving-on. I find the teacher very approachable and are happy to communicate with the parents to discuss any issue or concern. However, our greatest pleasure is the environment. The children are held accountable for their actions and are expected to behave and act in an appropriate manner. I have never seen bad behavior, freshness or unkindness tolerated. We love the Catholic Educate but know that there are many diverse backgrounds and religions at Mercymount. The school practices tolerance and expects each student to respect one another. We couldn't be happier with Mercymount, and fully intend to send our daughter there through the 8th.

Mercymount Country Day School 2

Posted March 03, 2011
I was a student here and i have been bullied with the prinipal ignoring me.

Posted January 26, 2010
Teaching Spanish (beginning in kindergarten), which will actually be beneficial to our children, rather than French or another language less likely to be helpful in the long term, is one of many distinguishing factors about this school. Mercymount captures the true essence of a comprehensive curriculum, balancing top quality education in the core subjects, with the teachings of the Catholic church. The faculty and staff are beyond peer. You simply can not get a better education for your child.

Mercymount Country Day School
35 Wrentham Road, Cumberland, RI  02864
Last modified Mercymount Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Mercymount Country Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top