Posted August 27, 2014
Fortunately the best of the best teachers work at B.F. Norton. My children have attended other Cumberland schools and hands down the most dedicated staff can be found at B.F. The principal seems to genuinely care about the school, the students and the teachers. I feel the test scores and hence lower "Great Schools Ranking" is largely due to the much higher percentage of English as a Second Language students. Which brings to mind another positive of B.F. which is the diversity of the student body. This prepares students to respect other cultures, religions etc. Great school, I would fight to keep my kids in B.F. if they tried to redistrict and I think that says it all.

Posted January 31, 2014
The kids are kids to each other.my son and daughter have the best teacher of the world

Posted October 19, 2010
The diversity of children and the caring, fun loving staff!!!!

Posted October 17, 2010
BF Norton is a great school with a wonderful staff! The students' learning and needs come first at our school and everyone is willing to do thier part to insure a well rounded education for all.

Posted October 15, 2010
I have worked in BF for 6 yrs now and thru the years I have learned how closely everyone works together to make sure each childs needs are met to the best of their ability, I love the caring of BF staff.

Posted October 13, 2010
Day in and day out the faculty and staff do so much with so little, it would be nice to win the money and get some much need technology and other resources into our school!

Posted October 12, 2010
This school is composed of the most loving and hardworking children and teachers.

Posted October 11, 2010
I love it because of the people who together create such a positive learning environment. Students, their families and staff.

Posted October 10, 2010
Collegiality among staff is professional, loving and ongoing. Most staff begin their careers in this building and retire from BFN. We work the most at-risk students in our community. Having the most at-risk population in our district, and the pressure of high stakes testing no one wants to leave BF and teach at any other building. Rather, teachers from other schools want to come to us!

B.F. Norton Elementary School 4

Posted August 30, 2010
It has been my experience that the entire staff at B.F. Norton School is extremely dedicated and supportive to all of its students. What they contribute to each student's education at this school, goes well beyond the average school day. It is not an uncommom sight to see staff working well beyond school hours. This school is also very supportive of literacy. Their Family reading Club is awesome! It is a family oriented school that offers many family events, mostly at no cost. This school offers a student body of great diversity, which is proven to produce more well rounded children.If the parental involvement was increased here, the possibilities would be endless. We are very fortunate to our child attend such a great school and we are looking forward to another great year!

B.F. Norton Elementary School
364 Broad St, Cumberland, RI  02864
Last modified B.F. Norton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
B.F. Norton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top