Cumberland, RI

Posted May 15, 2015
I love this school. The teachers are really nice. It is a really fun school

Joseph L. Mccourt Middle School 4

Posted August 01, 2013
This schools a great school because the staff really cares about its students...I was nervous when my daughter was starting at McCourt 2 years ago, needless to say, with her beginning her last year there, I am going to be sad to see her go...I would highly recommend this school to anyone moving into the area!!!

Joseph L. Mccourt Middle School 1

Posted July 27, 2013
I'm thankful that my last child (out of three) is presently half-way through this school. After reaching out for help for my daughter and being given nothing but lies to appease me, I have resigned myself to just help my child through the next two years with hope of better things to come.

Posted November 22, 2012
This school is fantastic and i would send my kids here 100 times. I know that the teachers and staff are extremely supportive. The students who give their all in their work get the best out of the school

Posted September 19, 2012
Best School Ever. The school needs some renovations. But the teachers are great and looking back 2 years now I see that Mccourt was a great school

Joseph L. Mccourt Middle School 1

Posted July 16, 2012
I came to this like about a year ago , I thought it was going to be a fantastic school. I had to take a bus to school.After 6 months of school , i thought it was horrible.There is fights like almost everyday ,kids smoke cigarettes and drugs.The Principal is horrible so is the assistant one too. The bathrooms are so dirty and there are even ants . Kids swear so much, it is such a bad influence on kids .

Joseph L. Mccourt Middle School 4

Posted December 04, 2010
Wonderful school with supportive staff and teachers! My son has been here for 2 years. Transition to middle school was a positive experience that started with a cook out for the incoming 6th grade. Teachers were helpful and available if extra help was needed. Now my son is in 7th grade with a continued positive experience. Teachers have stepped up expectations with increasing responsiblity given to the students. Band, athletics, and foreign languages still available because of parental support for boosters, fund raisers, and actual coaching when needed. Annual Washington DC trip was a huge success with the students learning more about our nation's history than they even realized. Staff/teachers/admin at the school all just a phone call or email away and all willing to quickly respond and schedule a meeting if followup is needed on an issue. Expectations/consequences very clear for students (a MUST at this age) but kids are not "labeled" for poor descions/choices. Positive atmosphere at this school!

Posted June 14, 2009
I love this school. Its great!!!!!

Posted September 11, 2006
The teachers at McCourt Middle School are amazing. My children have been privileged enough to have been guided by very caring faculty members. These teacher have gone way beyond the call of duty. Parents we need to realize that are children are handfuls sometime and we need to give these teachers the thanks they deserve. My child was in the seventh grade and on a team of two. He got the best education i could have asked for. They were in constant contact with me. I always want to say thank you Dr. Koutsogiane. She was the best principal that the cumberland school system ever had. As a parent and a former student, I thank you for everything you have done for my children and myself over the past 20 years. Again any parent looking to bring their child in to cumberland, McCourt Middle is the best placement for them.

Joseph L. Mccourt Middle School

Posted January 29, 2006
My advice is to those who are new to the area and to the middle school to call the school and meet with the guidance councelor before school begins. While I was blessed with unending communication it appears some parents are not.

Joseph L. Mccourt Middle School
45 Highland Ave, Cumberland, RI  02864
(401) 725-2092
Last modified Joseph L. Mccourt Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Joseph L. Mccourt Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top