East Greenwich, RI
Before care: Yes

Posted November 24, 2014
One of the highlights of Rocky Hill School is its ability to provide each student with individualized attention. The faculty have a deep dedication to the progress and well-being of each student. The curriculum is supported through many community activities and hands on experiences. Additionally, student progress in the arts, sports and community activism is reinforced and publicly acknowledged. There is great communication between the school and the families and we are grateful to be a part of this wonderful community of faculty, staff and families.

Rocky Hill School 3

Posted March 14, 2014
This school is overall wonderful and my children love it. However, the teachers could become more proactive in helping students strengthen the emotional part in their lives. My children often tell me about struggles they face with little assistant, and even added pressures or stress. Other than that, Rocky Hill is wonderful and sending my children there was the right decision. They have become more independent and self reliant.

Posted March 10, 2014
Rocky Hill School is an exceptional learning environment and it is also such a welcoming community. While I am always struck by the sheer beauty of the campus, it is the dedication of the faculty that makes the school outstanding. The small class size allows student's to be enriched across disciplines. My daughter has been able to explore interests in robotics, programming, sculpting and the marine environment and she is only in sixth grade. Rocky Hill is exceptional.

Posted February 27, 2014
Rocky Hill School encourages each student to strive to achieve their personal best, in academics, sports and activities. The teachers engage students in learning and provide an atmosphere where children thrive.

Posted February 27, 2014
Excellent staff and supportive educational environment. RH is a gem of a school that encourages participation of all students in academics and athletics.

Posted February 27, 2014
I have a first grader and a preschooler at Rocky hill. I told the first grade teacher that my daughter skips to school. There are nine children in her class. The teacher is easy going, gives them a ton of individualized attention and teaches them to respect one another. She is easily accessible on e-mail. The teaching model is project based learning. One month, they learned about masterpieces. Each student created 3-4 masterpieces based on certain historical art figures. They spent time every day on these pieces. At the end of the month, they went on a field trip to RISD. I loved it! It taught my daughter to slow down and think about what she is creating, a lesson that will help her follow through with all school projects. Also, the kids will research a topic at the library, such as a favorite animal. They will then brainstorm on different facts, list the facts in categories, write an essay and present it to their class. My son is in preschool with 2-3 teachers and 13 children.He takes classes with specialty teachers, Spanish, music, art, science, library,and gym. My husband and I were worried about cost. However, the school offered us a fair financial aid package.

Posted February 26, 2014
I have two children at Rocky Hill, one in middle school and the other in high school. I have found the quality of academics to be outstanding. My children are excited to learn and work hard to excel every day. They are very enthusiastic in their participation of school activities from sports to the arts and our family enjoys the extracurricular activities that Rocky Hill has to offer. My high school student is confident and doing well by all standardized measures and is preparing for college applications and will be very competitive for top schools. Both children are engaged in sports and arts. We are particularly impressed with the schools willingness to support students that want to challenge themselves over the summer and take additional advanced courses outside of the school. The location of the school on Narragansett Bay is unmatched. We have spent many wonderful afternoons watching sports matches while gazing across the beautiful landscape. We are very pleased with Rocky Hill and grateful to have such a wonderful place to send our children.

Posted February 26, 2014
The Upper School has been doing a great job in preparing our child for college. The "Harkness" seminar format and use of computers and technology is miles ahead of public schools in this regard. The school has wonderful facilities right on the water in Narragansett Bay and makes use of its access with classes on and by the water. Our child has definately improved in self-confidence and quality of work as well as group debate and discussion.

Posted February 26, 2014
We are proud parents of 2 children currently attending Rocky Hill School; 1 in Middle and 1 in the Upper school. We are happy to share that children of all academic capabilities fit in well at Rocky Hill School. It is wonderful to have a school with great academic rigor, REAL diversity, and flexibility. While developing socially, spiritually, athletically and theatrically they are able to develop a healthy sense of self in a well-rounded environment. We find that RHS provides a calming, quiet powerful start to their day, which helps the children to build a partnership with their teachers. It is a small school, yet large enough to accommodate different learning styles. The Harkness table model is a perfect setting where discussions are encouraged and used quite effectively. We have found it to be an exceptional learning tool when tough issues arise as the faculty addresses them immediately. The campus is well situated on the beautiful Narragansett Bay enabling unlimited educational possibilities. There is a real sense of community and this is demonstrated, as you will often see children from all three divisions collaborating and working together.

Posted November 25, 2012
My son is in the third grade and started here this year. This is an excellent school. The teachers are wonderful and are available any time to address any concerns. For the first time, my son is not bored in school and is being appropriately challenged. This school has a great headmaster. The teachers, staff, parents and children are a close community who enjoy being part of Rocky Hill. Academics are great as well as extra curricular classes. I would highly recommend this school

Rocky Hill School