East Providence, RI

St Mary Academy-Bay View 4

Posted March 26, 2014
Changing to this school has been a great move for our daughter. The individualized teaching, accelerated programs and exciting use of technology has her enjoying everyday.

St Mary Academy-Bay View 2

Posted September 24, 2013
We were dissatisfied with Bay View on a number of levels, but the biggest one was the quality of teachers. If you want experienced, caring, enthusiastic and well-qualified teachers, look elsewhere. If you want teachers who went to Bay View themselves, this is the place for you.

St Mary Academy-Bay View 1

Posted July 25, 2013
It's an ok school, but it is going downhill. The girls are living in a bubble. There aren't as many students as threre used to be, and the girls are very cliquey, especially in high school. The school only cares about sports, and most of the teachers don't know what they're teaching with the exception of a couple good ones. I really wouldn't recommend this school.

Posted March 30, 2012
Bayview is a wonderful school that prepared both my daughter and myself for our futures. We are both strong women who live life to the fullest. My daughter was well prepared for college and is able to balance academics with a job and friendships. Twenty-seven years after graduation, I still maintain close friendships with many of my classmates

Posted February 01, 2012
We have been at BVA elementary for 3 years and have not regretted our decision for a minute. We travel 1/2 hr each way and it is well worth it! The teachers are wonderful and truly care about the girls. Every day they care about not only the academics but the girls as people. They could not be any more caring or supportive. Both our daughters are thriving. Our oldest is going into middle school next year and we only hope the middle school is as wonderful as the elementary. Thank you to all who work so hard to make BVA such a wonderful place for our daughters.

Posted January 06, 2012
Bay View is without a doubt an amazing school. My cousin went to Bay View and she always told me how wonderful how wonderful the school was (and is), but I took her comments with a grain of salt. The only reason I took the admissions test was because a friend of mine didn't want to take it alone. Well, I got in -- and the rest, as they say, is history. I had a terrific experience at Bay View. Going from public to private school (and not being around boys every day) was tough at first, but I got used to it. The teachers are fantastic. To this day, I still talk to some of them (and I graduated in 2008). Bay View prepared me so well for college, and I'm now holding a 3.98 GPA at one of the top schools in the country, with plans to go to graduate school for speech-language pathology. Bay View is well worth the money and I would recommend this school to any young woman looking for an excellent education,

Posted December 03, 2011
Don't listen to these negative reviews. There are no "all girl" problems, just that that is the Elementary School, and kids don't know any better. I am in middle school, looking for high schools next year and I have no hesitations about staying at Bay View. The all girls atmosphere has helped me concentrate on my learning and not have the distraction of boys around, unlike other coed schools in the area. The connection and care that comes from the teachers is tremendous and you couldn't ask for anything better. We are most definitely up to date on math and science departments, and our school is not falling downhill. As many of my other classmates will agree, Bay View is like a second home to us, and all the teachers and administrators care about us. I would never think about changing schools because the atmosphere is just so amazing. We have an amazing preforming arts and sports program, yes, but our academics are outstanding.

Posted October 19, 2011
Bay View doesn't compare to any other school in RI. It out ranks them in academic achievements, regional and national testing scores, athletics and college preparedness. It teaches young woman to be self confident, competitive and independent thinkers. Their mission is to "prepare young woman for the challenges of the global community of the 21st century". It is a school of opportunity that fosters excellence. One of the first comments from returning alum is that they were well prepared for college and how much they appreciate what BVA has given them. It is money well spent.

St Mary Academy-Bay View 3

Posted May 12, 2010
I am a parent in the Elementary school. Bay View is excellent acadmically, however, they could be better at dealing with social issues and all the 'all gir' issues have to offer.

St Mary Academy-Bay View 3

Posted November 13, 2009
crushes sense of individuality. Also is too narrow in teaching ways and in learning style

St Mary Academy-Bay View
3070 Pawtucket Avenue, East Providence, RI  02915
Last modified St Mary Academy-Bay View is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
St Mary Academy-Bay View Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top