6-12|Private

Bad
Good

My son is now in his fourth year at PCD. He has had an amazing middle school experience. The quality of the the teaching has been excellent, the social environment extremely positive, and the sports program competitive. Between playing competitive sports, being on the student council, and participating in the band, chorus, theater and arts programs, he has grown in so many ways. In addition, he has become a very capable public speaker after having many opportunities to speak before the school community. The academics have been excellent across the board and my son is academically very well prepared to begin high school next year. The small class sizes and strong teacher commitment make the learning environment at PCD exceptionally positive and effective.

I have been a student at PCD for the past two years and absolutely love it. PCD has a fantastic program for students who need extra attention in class, but also has difficult classes for those who are advanced academically. There are plenty of opportunities to take classes over the summer, so that you may have a more rigorous schedule, and plenty of AP's or honors classes to challenge yourself. PCD also has fantastic arts. The jazz band is very dedicated, and the art classes are very advanced. I don't think PCD is given enough credit for its community, close relationships with teachers, and academics. The only problem i've had with PCD is their focus of diversifying the community. While i understand their intensions, they tend to be too lenient with those of minority when it comes to punishments. I was involved in an issue where if the person had been white, clearly would have been expelled. They worked to resolve this issue with both of us, but never punished the person. However, this has been my only issue, and all in all PCD has been a great experience for me and my siblings. If you are excepted in, its the obvious choice.

My son has spent the last 4 years at PCD and comparatively we are very pleased with the education, teachers and activities the school offers. I can say that it is a very touchy feely kind of school but if there is a problem the school is right on it. All in all PCD is a wonderful school

PCD Alum. The school's got some fabulous teachers and some crappy teachers, some fabulous students and some crappy students. Unfortunately like at any private school you're going to see a lot of rich brats, but there's a decent enough mix of backgrounds that the financial aid types (I was one) don't feel out of place. If you're open to it, the community is like no other I've been a part of. The science faculty is better than that at my university. The school absolutely has its flaws but compared to any other it's pretty impressive.

I am a junior now and I have been at PCD since the 6th grade. PCD is my home and my family. I am so close to everyone in my class, students from upper and lower classes, and teachers too. Being on a team makes it easy to make friends with kids from other grades. The small class sizes make it easy to have a personal relationship with your teachers. I love PCD and the memories I have made there. I have great friends that I made from the sports teams, the classrooms, and the art studio. I know I'm only a junior but PCD has prepared me very well for college and the outside world. Anyone looking at private schools in the Providence area should really consider Providence Country Day.

I am a student who will have been at PCD for one year this fall. I have completely enjoyed my first year and am looking forward to years ahead. The sense of community is something that is so hard to find in other schools. Comming from public schools all my life, experiencing the family environment PCD created has been great and extremely beneficial in the learning aspect. I would strongly reccomend this school to anyone.

My daughter had a wonderful first year at The Providence Country Day School. She was challenged both academically and athletically. The academics pushed her to new heights and she will be taking several honors classes next year. As parents we could not be happier with our choice of school, it is a real family at PCD.

I'm not sure what the previous review was about. My daughter attended PCD and is now heading off to an Ivy, well prepared, with a keen sense of the world, her place in it, and her responsibility as an engaged participant. Academically she was challenged by teachers who engaged her intellect and brought out the best in her, whether in AP Calc, AP English or choir. One of the most appealing aspects for us, when choosing PCD was that it had a diverse student body ranging from kids who were academically motivated to kids who were artists and musicians thus giving my children a very well rounded environment. The PCD community allows your child to not just succeed but to flourish.

PCD is a wonderful school that encourages and supports the growth both academically and socially of each child.A premium is placed on getting to know each student well. I am puzzled by some comments on from another parent, since our child is both academically gifted and very motivated. PCD has provided him with both a challenging curriculum and opportunities to stay engaged. The sports program places emphasizes teamwork and sportsmanship and all students are encouraged to take part. The music and arts programs are top flight . We have found the faculty without exception, to be caring, gifted teachers who encourage students to take responsibility both in and outside the classroom. Community service is emphasized by outreach projects in the community throughout the year. The administrators are accessible and responsive to concerns. We love PCD and all it stands for and highly recommend it.

This school is a horrible school if your child or children is/are academically inclined. Many issues and problems occur throughout the year and rarely treated. There are numerous children in every grade who push back students from academics, such as recieving tests on time or starting a new subject. Bullying from students is tolerated by faculty. The campus is horrible and it is a waste of money to send your child to this private school unless your child has special needs issues and small classrooms.

Last modified Providence Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12