Posted December 21, 2012
My son is now in his fourth year at PCD. He has had an amazing middle school experience. The quality of the the teaching has been excellent, the social environment extremely positive, and the sports program competitive. Between playing competitive sports, being on the student council, and participating in the band, chorus, theater and arts programs, he has grown in so many ways. In addition, he has become a very capable public speaker after having many opportunities to speak before the school community. The academics have been excellent across the board and my son is academically very well prepared to begin high school next year. The small class sizes and strong teacher commitment make the learning environment at PCD exceptionally positive and effective.

Posted September 18, 2011
I have been a student at PCD for the past two years and absolutely love it. PCD has a fantastic program for students who need extra attention in class, but also has difficult classes for those who are advanced academically. There are plenty of opportunities to take classes over the summer, so that you may have a more rigorous schedule, and plenty of AP's or honors classes to challenge yourself. PCD also has fantastic arts. The jazz band is very dedicated, and the art classes are very advanced. I don't think PCD is given enough credit for its community, close relationships with teachers, and academics. The only problem i've had with PCD is their focus of diversifying the community. While i understand their intensions, they tend to be too lenient with those of minority when it comes to punishments. I was involved in an issue where if the person had been white, clearly would have been expelled. They worked to resolve this issue with both of us, but never punished the person. However, this has been my only issue, and all in all PCD has been a great experience for me and my siblings. If you are excepted in, its the obvious choice.

Posted January 10, 2011
My son has spent the last 4 years at PCD and comparatively we are very pleased with the education, teachers and activities the school offers. I can say that it is a very touchy feely kind of school but if there is a problem the school is right on it. All in all PCD is a wonderful school

Posted April 24, 2010
PCD Alum. The school's got some fabulous teachers and some crappy teachers, some fabulous students and some crappy students. Unfortunately like at any private school you're going to see a lot of rich brats, but there's a decent enough mix of backgrounds that the financial aid types (I was one) don't feel out of place. If you're open to it, the community is like no other I've been a part of. The science faculty is better than that at my university. The school absolutely has its flaws but compared to any other it's pretty impressive.

Posted March 30, 2010

Providence Country Day School 0

Posted November 17, 2008
I am a junior now and I have been at PCD since the 6th grade. PCD is my home and my family. I am so close to everyone in my class, students from upper and lower classes, and teachers too. Being on a team makes it easy to make friends with kids from other grades. The small class sizes make it easy to have a personal relationship with your teachers. I love PCD and the memories I have made there. I have great friends that I made from the sports teams, the classrooms, and the art studio. I know I'm only a junior but PCD has prepared me very well for college and the outside world. Anyone looking at private schools in the Providence area should really consider Providence Country Day.

Posted February 04, 2008

Posted January 06, 2008

Posted September 02, 2007

Posted July 07, 2007
I am a student who will have been at PCD for one year this fall. I have completely enjoyed my first year and am looking forward to years ahead. The sense of community is something that is so hard to find in other schools. Comming from public schools all my life, experiencing the family environment PCD created has been great and extremely beneficial in the learning aspect. I would strongly reccomend this school to anyone.

Providence Country Day School
660 Waterman Avenue, East Providence, RI  02914
Last modified Providence Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
Providence Country Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top