Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

My child's teacher taught my child a lot this year yet contradicts herself when she is one on one with parent then big meetings with parent, principle an all the rest also says the truth in emails and paper work yet not in big meetings. Yet always praised the teacher

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework this year is not an issue but the lying on how my child does in class work, homework and school itself is ridiculous and uncalled for

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I've seen nothing but disrespect, dishonestly, ignorance and also how the staff including principle, teachers, social worker, teachers aid, nurse, they are all intimidated by this principle and some just plain rude. They think a parent is clueless. They say things to your face or in meetings yet principle comes in an they seem to change there attitude to wanting to help and listen to saying just what the principle wants to hear. Yet what they say and what they write in emails, paper work, students school work everything contradicts anything they say to your face so they can pass a child through and not deal with us as parents. Completely disgusting

I've never had this many issues in my life with my kids. The school staff seems to so intimidated by the principle that they can't speak the truth an have to speak like she spent time telling them what to and not say. As teachers, educators, principles, teachers aids and nurses you should want kids to succeed instead of passing them through and not caring if there receiving the right needs the child may need. Many things happened this year that are horrible an have never heard of happening in any school that others I know attend yet hear nothing at all good about Hennessey especially the principle. A lot of lying, not following through on care or educational needs of children, teachers, social worker, nurse and psychologist saying one thing and the minute the principle enters try change quick. They state things in writing and emails yet I. Meetings act like they can't speak there mind to help a child cause they will be corrected by principle and who knows if she says or does more to them when a parent leaves. Children's needs educationally, medically, even lunch time are never being met. I find it horrible the school dept allows this to go on after numerous complaints and also if teachers stood up for there students that is what makes a better teacher. This principle makes more money then anyone in that school I bet yet she is doing severe damage. I get notices to donate money constantly yet other schools may ask here an there yet you see other schools in newspapers and online actually doing things and learning different things making a difference. How long will you all let this school go down hill before you make changes because as far as I've known the principle before this one had made an impact yet now these children have DR MCWILLIAMS as a principle who tries to down the parents, intimidate them and do the same to the staff. So let me know how long this will happen before this school goes so down hill it has no students left to go there. Absolutely discusted, disappointed and disrespectful place for children to be and parents to deal with.

I rate the school 3 stars because the staff are horrible, the secretary is rudest person I've come across and the principal isnt any better. My son just completed 3rd grade and the only homework he ever brought home was math, which is good but they also need to work on other subjects. The teachers are great and The school its self is very nice.

This have to be one of the worst schools in East Providence especially with the new principal. Since the last principal left this school with from trying to get better to more of a school to prison system. Kids are not able to shine since basically all activities were cut. There is no real physical activities but yet the school talk about "wellness". If this school want to see better test scores try bringing more creative ways to learn. My children used to love school until being here. I be damn to allow them to continue for another 2 years...

I am proud of my daughter's school because of the great support they give to the community and the wonderful educational efforts the entire staff give to the children. The communication between the parents and teachers are received very well on both parts. It's a happy environment and a balanced and structured school on behalf of their great Principle, Mr. Britto. My husband and I love the school and the positive memories we will share with our daughter(s). Thank you and Good luck Hennessey Hero's!! Sincerely, Karen Cahir

This is a really good school for our kids. Alot has to do with leadership at the school and at home with parents. Also, this school has earned the Blue Ribbon Award, which is a great achievement. The teacher really do an excellent job with the children and we are privledged to have them.

Last modified Agnes B. Hennessey School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.