Posted March 13, 2014
As hesitant as I was to send my child to public middle school, I have to say I couldn t have PAID for a better experience. What amazing leadership. Teachers encourage critical thinking and work to develop and prepare our kids for the demands of High school. My child completed three years with Highest Honors. Our experience proves that with support from home, teachers and administration, our children can Soar to the highest planes! Kudos to the Martin Middle School Teachers, staff and Administrators. Outstanding leadership!

Edward Martin Middle School 3

Posted August 31, 2013
Teachers play favorites and pick on children and nothing happens to the teachers. School is poor, in need of repairs, and has no sports. Although, the friends you'll meet will make the school day so much better. Bullying is handled for the most part. This school is below average and work is too easy.

Edward Martin Middle School 0

Posted July 15, 2009
actually band and chorus are classes as well as afterschool activity band is a mandatory afterschool. They are graded just the same as other classes. My daughter went to Martin and absolutely loved it she is saddened to leave. The teachers were great but i found that some lacked to challenge the children if they were ahead of the class. Asst. principals were great and the officer is terrific. Would recommend this middle school.

Posted May 12, 2009
8th grade teachers often utilize creative teaching strategies. Teachers go above and beyond to assist students. My son has commented on the positive atmosphere. He respects all of his teachers and has truely enjoyed his 8th grade experience.

Posted May 09, 2009
This school is ok it could have A little more color and the teachers couldnt be any better with a couple acceptions I love ms.Walae she is like the bedt vice princeable ever!

Posted February 03, 2009
I wouldn't hesitate for one minute in sending your children to this school! My three kids attended Martin and had a wonderful experience. They are very bright kids who were challenged by their teachers, and they were involved in so many activities that the local private schools simply don't offer. I'm proud of Martin! (by the way, P.L. is a literacy class that is supposed to work on language skills - not a bad thing these days!)

Posted January 03, 2008
My child attends this school and likses it. The only problem I have with this school is that some of the teachers, just a small margin, think they are these children's parents. I know it is school and disapline is needed. They want these children to be silent at the lunch tables, give me a break they are kids! Also when we went to school we had gym everyday of the week, what is with this P.L. class? Nowadays everyone is complaining our children are getting fatter, well this is the only school I know that takes gym away and replaces it with a class called P. L. How come band and chorus are part or a grade? They are afterschool activities!

Posted October 21, 2007

Posted September 26, 2007

Posted September 19, 2006
Need more involement through guidance counslers parents not really informed

Edward Martin Middle School
111 Brown St, East Providence, RI  02914
Last modified Edward Martin Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edward Martin Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top