Posted June 17, 2008
I was so pleased to read the wonderful statements from other parents whose children attend Hope Valley School. Since 2001 when my daughter began kindergarten, we have had a wonderful experience and connection with this school. Now, my son is about to enter his last year at HV and it will be so sad at the end of next year when our family will have to say good-bye to such a wonderful school. As an active parent in the PTO for a number of years, I had a 'behind-the-scenes' view of how and why this school works so well. And there are two main reasons: small school & parent involvement. Do you remember the theme song to 'Cheers'?...'where everybody knows your name...' It's exactly that way!

Hope Valley Elementary School 0

Posted May 13, 2008
Hope Valley is unique. Not only in it's education practices...Zoo phonics, PVC tubes so our children can hear how they sound, a clearly-visible school counselor and honestly, it is unique because of its 'family' atmospher. I love it so much, I've ask for the 3rd acadmenic year, to transfer 2 children now, from where they are supposed to be, to HVS

Posted September 19, 2006
This is my 1st elementary school experience. We transfered our son to Hope Valley purposely. Smaller class size!!! Great scores!!! I am elated to say he 'loves' school and it is 'awesome'. A LONG way from his preschool dilemmas! He had such a hard time in the 1st 4 months of preschool, we were having him evaluation for ADHD. His current teacher at Hope Valley is awesome. Her first note home wrote about how she and we are part of his 'team' to our sons learning process and passion for learning. The word 'TEAM' got to me immediately. 3 weeks into school, he is writing 'kid sentences'. I cried when it came home. This is by far the best experience in schooling I've ever had...even in my own schooling. So proud! Administration there is fantiastic and user friendly. Parents-go for the best for your children. Smaller classes!

Posted December 12, 2005
I would like to counteract the statement made in an earlier review that portrays this school as being overwrought with socio-economic disadvantaged children. This is simply not the case. Many of the children at Hope Valley Elementary come from homes where both parents are college graduates/professionals. I have been impressed with sense of community at Hope Valley since becoming involved myself a few years ago. Last year, the PTO raised over $8,000 in six weeks to purchase much needed playground equipment. That speaks volumes to what the community will do when it comes to our kids. The principal is very supportive, pragmatic, and compassionate toward the students. The staff is somewhat varied...some are excellent and others are just average, but all care immensely for children.

Posted November 19, 2005

Posted February 12, 2005
My daughter attended Hope Valley Elementary from grades 3 through 5. The teachers, assistants and principal are professional, intelligent and compassionate. HV consistently scores at or near the top of the state in student assessment scores. The smallest of the four elementary schools in the CHARIHO community, Hope Valley Elementary has an active parent base and community is a primary focus. The education my child received at Hope Valley School provided a strong foundation which she has continued to build upon during her years at Chariho Middle School and High School.

Posted March 18, 2004
The Principal, kindergarden and frist grades teachers are doing an amazing job in the face of a dificult socio-economic student body profile. Despite the clear disadvantes of the student body the teachers provided my son with an excellent education. The teacher and staff committment and professionalism shows in everything.

Hope Valley Elementary School
15 Thelma Dr, Hope Valley, RI  02832
Last modified Hope Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hope Valley Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top