Posted July 18, 2011
Brown avenue was a godsend to me .I had been trying to get my son who desperately needed special ed, the resources he needed for about 4 years from another school system.(they told me my son's ed development was behind but not that far behind and there were other children that were far worse then him "sorry". Within 1 month of moving the Brown Avenue summer team had him assessed and a handwritten IEP was made for him due to the computer system being down. Then when he started in September they reassessed him again in 3 weeks and revised a new IEP. I can't thank them enough they have been a life saver to my son. Without them he would have been lost in the system, of red tape. In 3rd grade he had a wonderful teacher Mrs Leone wo worked miracles, and she also sang awesome in her classes too! So refreshing to see enthusiam in there classes. LOVE them ALL. Wonderful principal too !

Posted January 19, 2010
Both of my children graduated from Brown Ave. This is an outstanding school. The administration and parents work hand in hand to create the best learning environment for all children, no matter their level of capability. We moved to this area so our children could attend this small but phenomenal school and it was the right choice!

Posted August 14, 2008

Brown Avenue School 4

Posted November 05, 2007
Brown Ave. is a wonderful school. The principal is great with the children and parents. My only comments would be that more parents should be involved. It was a great experience for my son.

Posted March 09, 2006

Brown Avenue School
14 Brown Ave, Johnston, RI  02919
Last modified Brown Avenue School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brown Avenue School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top