Bad
Good

A couple of weeks ago I visited ferri it looks like a pretty decent school a couple of kids took us fifth graders around the school I'm excited to start

When it comes to special needs students and special education students, this school lacks it. When a parent reaches out for help, all they do is, not get involved.

I was a former student at Ferri. It was horrible. There were a few nice teachers, but none that would go out of their way to help students who were struggling. I was bullied everyday there. There were constantly bomb threats and kids who wanted to kill themselves because of the bullying that is allowed. When a student tells on a person who had bullied him/her, the bullying just gets worse and they suspend you for everything. I got suspended for playing a game with a nickle at lunch, principal said someone could have slipped on the nickle and got hurt ;/ I had spend months of my life in focus (a cubical where cant talk in basement) and had teachers scream at me even swear at me. I was not even a bad kid, i just had problems completing my work and was stressed to the max about who was going to hit me or pull my hair and push me down. Also my friend could not read, they kept him back 3x and ended up passing him because he was getting too old. He found out in HS he had a learning disabilities and had dyslexia. Unless u want ur kid giving up on school n getting pregnant in HS and dropping out (check the dropout rates in Johnston) then don't send them to Johnston Schools!

This school, is just awful. To start, lunch is ridiculous. The students do not even get the choice to sit where they want. Assigned lunch seats? What exactly is the point of that? The time given at lunch is unacceptable. By the time you get out of line, you have to sit down and literally shove food down your throat just to finish in time. The rules at this school are flat out ridiculous. During spirit week last year, we couldn't even wear face paint, or costumes. The building itself is disgusting. The desks are vandalized, and the floors look like they are cleaned once a year. There were some extra classes where we just sat in a room the whole level and did absolutely nothing. There are few teachers there who do their job right. The principle clearly has no clue what he is doing. What a mess that place is.

I am 13 year old girl. I attend N.A. Ferri Middle School. I am in the 8th grade and I really like the school. I think that Mr. Morrell is doing a good job with the school. I wish that I could stay there, but I'm off to the High School!

i love this school for my daughter when i send her i have no worry in the world i went there and this school is such a great school its still standing where it was when i left

I am a former student of Ferri Middle school and I can honestly say that this school surpasses the quality of education I received at Johnston High School. There are many caring teachers at Ferri and I believe the school offers a nice selection of classes and after school activities. Many of the reviews featured on this website seem to be students or parents who do not understand the importance of structured learning environments. Complaints about school policies involving clothing or fighting are superficial. I was never in any fights nor did I wear any clothing that would have been restricted because I was no older than 14 while attending Ferri and my parents wouldn't have found it appropriate for me to dress like a street walker or mouth off to any of my fellow students. A good experience at any educational facility starts at home with manners and morals.

Ferri Middle School has come a long way. The principal, Dr. Fargnli has done a wonderful job. The teachers are fabulous.

I have found the principal and teachers at Ferri to be very cooperative and devoted to providing every student with a great educational opportunity. The other negative reviews sound like disgruntled students that do not like to follow rules! They better learn the ways of society if they want to be successful in life. I am happy that my children attend Ferri and I am very proud that they are honor students and love their school.

Last modified Nicholas A. Ferri Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.