Bad
Good

The only reason I give this school 4 stars is because my daughter is in the Pre-K program. I can't speak about the principal or special teachers as Ms. Dugan is the only person we really have contact with. My daughter was in Pre-K 3 and 4. She LOVES this school. The price was good and it's one of the few programs I found that wasn't full day. I also like that they have special needs children in class. My daughter doesn't think anything of seeing someone in a wheelchair or with hearing aids. Such a blessing to find this school!!

My daughter was enrolled in the pre-K program at this school and we were thrilled with her experiences there. Mrs. Dugan is a fantastic teacher and helped my daughter progress in so many areas. The speech therapy my daughter received in conjunction with the program was also very successful. I would definitely recommend the pre-K at Aquidneck!

Best school on the island..being a military family and moving a lot finding a good school is hard..we lucked out when we moved to Middletown

This is the best school in the area! My children have been moved around the country, and I can report that Aquidneck has been their favorite school. The teachers are fantastic. They are creative and inspiring. My daughters still talk about all the wonderful methods they learned to guide their writing or to practice their math facts. Everything they learned flowed naturally and helped them develop critical thinking skills. We'll miss this school now that we have moved!

Excellent school in RI. I would highly recommend this school to any military family. From the principal to the kindergarten teacher, this school is fantastic. The administration is always working with the kids as are the teachers. The superintendent also makes an effort to phone home with automated messages. I had never lived in an area where I had to worry about school closings and there was no need to worry because the automated system called to let me know when school was closed. GREAT< GREAT< GREAT!!!!

Great teachers, great environment, wonderful kids.

My child just entered kindergarten this year. I have been very impressed by the way the staff and her teacher handled this transition for the children as well as by the communications we've received.

AQuidneck School is full of magnetic energy! The teachers are friendly and enthusiastic learners themselves! The children are high-spirited, as well, and hard workers. It is a joy to come to work everyday and teach and learn amongst such great people. The pricipal and all the support staff are equally wonderful.

We are military and my daughter just finished her fourth grade year. This is a tight knit community school, so it took a little while to fit in. The academics are average(No gifted program)with little use of technology integrated into lessons. The grading system involves using 1 - 4, but these numbers do not equate to A, B, C, or D. It is very difficult to know where your child's grades stand or where they need to improve. It seemed subjective. Luckily, my daughter's teacher was open to having many conferences so we could have these questions answered. If we would have known about this grading system we would have lived in Portsmouth. Next year the fourth graders will be at the middle school. This upset many parents, but is necessary since an elementary school closed because of budget cuts. Overall, my daughter did well and was happy.

I love this school. My son attended the prek class for his speech delay. He amazed his teachers and us. He is now in an intigrated kindergarten class. I had his older sister in another area school and transfered her to Aquidneck. She is loving her teacher and the transition went well. The staff and teachers here are wonderful. They have a joyful learning environment for the kids. It is safe. For military people with kids they are very welcoming.

Last modified Aquidneck School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.