Posted April 30, 2014
This school is the worst school ever . The teachers don't care if you get bullied. They pick sides and there are so many rules , like you can't do anything here, we can barley go out side and have fun like the old times and it's nasty and dirty inside and plus if you use self defense from someone who is attacking you , you get suspended like really

Posted April 23, 2014
As a navy brat who has seen the way multiple schools have been run, I believe this school is very poorly run. The administrators expect respect from the children, but do not respect the children themselves. The guidance counselor is very unfriendly and does not give very good advice. They are very discouraging as a whole. They rarely give perfect scores in subjective assignments, as if to tell the kids that their best is never good enough. The schedule is unnecessarily confusing. The students are not very welcoming to new students. They have an excellent program for special needs, but I cannot say the same for regular and honors classes. They do not weight honors classes in calculating GPA, and to them an A in a regular class is considered higher than an A- in a regular class. I find this school very discouraging on an academic standpoint.

Posted July 02, 2013
My son attended this school and I can honestly say I have never had such a poor experience from the funding aspect, to the teacher and guidance perspective who only care about themselves and their deadlines. The principal is horrible my son was personally invited to the inauguration and denied by the principal, the superintendent hides behind the "I had no idea " phrase all of the time

Posted November 15, 2011
I ama7th grade student and I am The 9th Grade Leader. I can already say this school is awesome. I can tell what's like and I hear about it. They have fair rules and they could care less about texting and more. Gaudet is terrible and so Aquidneck school. So much freedom at MHS. A real grading system a real school. Awesome compared to other schools. That will be great when I get there. It's the only real school and wasn't affected by 4th grade coming into the middle school like come on. Middletown Highschool - A real school.

Posted September 24, 2009
I am a parent and teacher (not at MHS) and have lived and worked in four different states. Middletown High School is an excellent school in every way. My husband and I, along with our daughter (a junior), are very impressed by the teachers' and administrators' commitment, ingenuity, and determination to provide students with the best possible education. Despite Rhode Island's notorious lack of education funding, MHS succeeds in meeting high local, state, and federal standards in terms of academics, and does an admirable job providing extracurricular activities and sports for students to become well-rounded and prepared for college applications.

Posted April 16, 2009

Posted September 17, 2008

Posted May 12, 2008
I am a student who has lived all over the world having grown up in a navy family. I have been in nine different schools and I can honestly say this is the worst funded school I have seen. I think that the people are nice and good, but the obvious lack of funding for necessities for a good learning environment, such as an upgraded computer lab, new books, and more teachers is simply too overwhelming to ignore.

Posted March 26, 2008
Agree that this is probably the best school on the island....also agree that it's not that great. Both from a funding aspect and overall poor leadership (like firing the teacher of the year) this has been a year that we would like to get back.

Posted February 26, 2008
MHS is a great school... i could not seeing myself going to any other school. funds may be low but we still have the things we need to be able to learn and have fun.

Middletown High School
130 Valley Rd, Middletown, RI  02842
Last modified Middletown High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Middletown High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top