Posted May 28, 2014
Forest Avenue exceeds in every area! My son and daughter have both attended this school and not only did they love it and feel welcomed but so did my husband and I. The teachers were always helpful whether it be a concern with academics or peers. Every employee deserves credit for making this a school I was proud to send my children to. I have never seen a principal as involved as Mr. Ponte. As we are military we will be moving this summer and I am sad to say I may never find another school as great as Forest Avenue.

Posted May 09, 2014
We love Forest Avenue and recommend it to any and every incoming family! From the committed, compassionate and professional educators, to the Principal, Mr. Ponte, not only knowing each child's name, but promoting physical activity, we can't say enough about Forest Ave. As a Navy family, we were touched at the constant inclusion of not only military families but our international military families as well. The Parent Teacher Group is very active planning fun family nights, and the teachers! We just love the teachers! I highly recommend this school and am so glad my sweet little kindergartener started her school career here. 5 Stars all the way!!!

Posted April 17, 2014
Forest Avenue School, Middletown RI has exceeded in the success of our daughter graduating this year, and is ready for her next school years.

Posted October 01, 2013
Forest AVe. Elementary schools is exceptional. The environment is one of caring, nurturing, and rigor. Students and staff share in the highest standards and expectations. By far, Forest is the best elementary school in Rhode Island!

Posted October 01, 2013
Forest Avenue is a wonderful elementary school full of dedicated staff and faculty, engaged families & yes, sweet & curious students! I am so excited to be part of this Professional Learning Community! Kristen Ramsey Art Educator Forest Avenue Elementary Middletown, RI

Posted September 30, 2013
Great teachers and great staff!!! Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Teachers are caring and support their students in any ways possible! Everyone goes above and beyond to help our kids learn!!

Posted September 30, 2013
Forest Ave has been a wonderful new school home for our kindergarten! The teachers, principal and fellow parents are enthusiastic and engaging with the students. Our daughter comes home excited to tell us about all the neat activities and cool things she is learning each day.

Posted September 30, 2013
Forest Avenue School is a very comfortable and nurturing school for all families. We have a high population of military families and overseas families who are studying at the local War College. I have had 3 children complete their elementary years at Forest Ave and one in third grade now. All 4 children have had positive experiences and they all love to go to school every day. The Parent Teacher Group has monthly activities at the school to get families involved in their child's school experience. I recommend this school for all!

Posted September 30, 2013
Forest Ave. School is a perfect example of what a neighborhood school should be. The principal knows most of the children by name, he plays kickball during recess with them almost every day. The children love Mr. Ponte, and also respect him very much. The teachers are dedicated and caring professionals who are committed to doing whatever it takes to meet the needs of their students. I have 4 children and have had at least one child attend Forest Ave. for the past 11 years - they are so lucky to have had such a positive elementary experience!

Posted September 30, 2013
I am sure you can check out the outstanding academia of Forest Ave. without me telling you in this review. Here are some side facts that you may not know. It's located in a naval town, get quite a bit diversified student body. It's off main road, no traffic noise to interfere lessons during school. The lunch menu is great. For elementary I think they have a wide range of healthy balanced meals. The bus ride to/from school isn't long and the drivers are very nice. The principal, teachers, even the PTG are very active and supportive of the school's operation. Beside normal school hours, they offer fun events to bring school, parents, and students together like a social gathering.

Forest Avenue School
315 Forest Ave, Middletown, RI  02842
Last modified Forest Avenue School is a Public school that serves grades K-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forest Avenue School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 34 reviews.