Bad
Good

Amazing school, great teachers, and the principal is top notch!

Our son started this year and of all of the reviews and things we'd heard we were excited as a family for him to go. However, the ratio of students to teacher is not 10:1 as reported there are over 20 students in his class with one teacher who has made it a point to tell us on three separate occasions that she doesn't get much help. Furthermore our son has come home with bruises from another student with no acknowledgement from the school that he was injured, most communications with the teacher/staff are met with condescending responses/remarks. Overall our experience has been quite underwhelming. As a parent I was super excited as I had been told what a wonderful school it was and that it was on par with a private school but I haven't found this to be the case.

Forest Avenue exceeds in every area! My son and daughter have both attended this school and not only did they love it and feel welcomed but so did my husband and I. The teachers were always helpful whether it be a concern with academics or peers. Every employee deserves credit for making this a school I was proud to send my children to. I have never seen a principal as involved as Mr. Ponte. As we are military we will be moving this summer and I am sad to say I may never find another school as great as Forest Avenue.

We love Forest Avenue and recommend it to any and every incoming family! From the committed, compassionate and professional educators, to the Principal, Mr. Ponte, not only knowing each child's name, but promoting physical activity, we can't say enough about Forest Ave. As a Navy family, we were touched at the constant inclusion of not only military families but our international military families as well. The Parent Teacher Group is very active planning fun family nights, and the teachers! We just love the teachers! I highly recommend this school and am so glad my sweet little kindergartener started her school career here. 5 Stars all the way!!!

Forest Avenue School, Middletown RI has exceeded in the success of our daughter graduating this year, and is ready for her next school years.

Forest AVe. Elementary schools is exceptional. The environment is one of caring, nurturing, and rigor. Students and staff share in the highest standards and expectations. By far, Forest is the best elementary school in Rhode Island!

Forest Avenue is a wonderful elementary school full of dedicated staff and faculty, engaged families & yes, sweet & curious students! I am so excited to be part of this Professional Learning Community! Kristen Ramsey Art Educator Forest Avenue Elementary Middletown, RI

Great teachers and great staff!!! Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Teachers are caring and support their students in any ways possible! Everyone goes above and beyond to help our kids learn!!

Forest Ave has been a wonderful new school home for our kindergarten! The teachers, principal and fellow parents are enthusiastic and engaging with the students. Our daughter comes home excited to tell us about all the neat activities and cool things she is learning each day.

Forest Avenue School is a very comfortable and nurturing school for all families. We have a high population of military families and overseas families who are studying at the local War College. I have had 3 children complete their elementary years at Forest Ave and one in third grade now. All 4 children have had positive experiences and they all love to go to school every day. The Parent Teacher Group has monthly activities at the school to get families involved in their child's school experience. I recommend this school for all!

Last modified Forest Avenue School is a Public school that serves grades K-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.