No rating

All Saints Academy

Private | PK-8

Living in Middletown

Situated in a rural neighborhood. The median home value is $300,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,120.

Posted January 9, 2013

ASA is outstanding school! The teachers, administration and parents are all very involved...our kids are thriving academically, socially and spiritually. Highly recommend ASA.

Posted January 3, 2013

Unfortunately ASA was not a good fit for our kindergarten child. Granted, we transferred mid year, however the cliquey"ness" of the school was overtly apparent. While we found the office staff to be very inviting, helpful, and easy to communicate with, this was not the case for our specific teacher. Not only did we have inadequate communication, our child complained about the teachers yelling and kids constantly in trouble. I'm not sure if there is an actual discipline problem or too much emphasis on discipline for this age. As for academics, I can't really comment. We were not at ASA long enough to form a sound opinion however they did seem to lag from the previous private school we attended. The facility itself also seemed to be somewhat dated and drab; not conducive to an eager outlook on learning. Finally, I was told by another parent that parent involvement was minimal. I can't comment personally but it did play a factor in our decision to leave after only a few weeks. This was not the overall experience we hoped for, especially considering it's a private school.

Posted September 20, 2012

My child attended 5th grade and struggled to be a C- student. Last year she attended 6th grade public school and made staight A's (same kid for those questioning her ability). Teachers were mediocre (both from personal interface and hear say). The now former principal was a nice guy but definetly an administrator-type. He promised everything during the school tour but did not come through. ASA had limited public assistance, perhaps that is a contributing issue.

Posted June 30, 2012

Overall pretty disappointed in the school. Our children went to this school for part the year recently and I think the biggest thing we didn't like was some of the bullying in the younger classes. We were surprised by how little the school and teachers would do to step in unless it was physical. The teachers and the administration would mostly make excuses and promise to change some things that never were changed. And the school advertises a lot of programs and they were not as great as they make it out to be. They have a average art and music program, the Spanish seems pretty good, the gym is also taught by the teacher who does Spanish and is good when they have it but our kids came home alot of the time saying that they didn't do any gym on gym day. The bright spot is their robotics program which won some awards this year and some fun field trips, but they asked parents to drive kids. The communication from teachers and the office was poor and they sometimes seemed judgmental and cliquey with other parents. The kids who had behavior issues would get alot of time and the quiet kids were skipped over. Not a terrible school, some good, but not worth it overall.

Posted June 12, 2012

Please consider enrolling your child at ASA. How nice to have your child safe, happy, educated, respected and part of the ASA family. The principal, teachers and staff go above and beyond the call of duty assuring each and every child receives the best Catholic education offers. It is a challenging curriculum that provides our youth for a promising furture. Our son is extrememly happy there. A Catholic Education at ASA is the very foundation for a child's success in life, both educational and psychosocially. You, too, can feel part of the ASA family.

Posted May 30, 2012

We have been so pleased with All Saints Academy. The curriculum is challenging and offers a very well-rounded education. Especially pleased with the spiritual/Christian focus of the school and how dedicated the teachers and staff are. I love how the older students mentor the children in the younger grades. Very welcoming and warm school. The principal and the staff is terrific.

Posted May 24, 2012

We live in Bristol but heard about All Saints Academy through a recommendation. Since I would be working nearby, we decided to start him there this year in the Pre-K program. We have been super impressed with the school and the teachers, extended day program and the principal. We are most impressed with the Pre-K program, especially the Pre-K teachers. Our son has matured and grown academically, socially and spiritually this year and we credit his amazing Pre-K teacher...Ms Dawn. We have had a completely positive experience and also have been impressed with the level of care and concern all the teachers have for the students at the school. We have also found the teachers and principal to be readily available to address any concerns or questions we've had. The Pre-K program is growing by leaps and bounds because of it's incredible reputation. We will be sending our older son to ASA next year (taking him out of public school) because we believe he will get the best education at ASA that includes an education in character building and christian values.

Posted May 23, 2012

I am surprised and saddened to read the negative reviews posted about the preK program at ASA. As a parent who has spent 2 years with 2 children in the program, I have found the teachers to be nurturing, compassionate both to students and parents needs, and readily available to address all concerns. The program is over 50 families strong and growing. I can understand that not all families will find the fit they are looking for; however, to accuse an entire program of not caring for childrens basic needs, ignoring bullying, or quieting parents concerns in a public format seems unnecessary. I recommend, champion, and support the program because students thrive starting at day one. They are acedemically, socially, and emotionally ready to move on to K. I can't think of anything more I could ask for when it comes to my kids education!

Posted May 10, 2012

This school was not a good experience for our child. We were very unimpressed by the Pre-K program. The lack of concern and wellbeing for children is appauling. Our child didn't attend the Pre-K for long due to the fact that he began withdrawing within a few weeks of attending. After coming in and volunteering to do storytime, it was clear as to why.our son was not wanting to go to school either. The teachers are cold and insensitive. If you are a parent considering this school/Pre-K, think again. There is another private catholic school on the island that is way better. The principal at ASA doesn't care about parent concerns, he just wants you to pay the tuition and be quiet.

Posted March 14, 2012

We put our daughter in ASA because the Portsmouth schools only attend kindergarten classes part-time. We have been very pleased with ASA. Mrs. Green is awesome - she truly cares about the children and I like her consistent communication with us about our childs progress. The principle isn't very personable or welcoming, but that is overcome by the terrific staff.

Posted February 12, 2012

My son and daughter attended All Saints a year ago. I was not impressed by the faculty or administration. I never felt welcomed there. There appeared to be established cliques at the functions and such. The principal was very distant and never took concerns seriously. I am happy we have chosen another private school option on the island.

Posted January 18, 2012

My pre-k son has been attending All Saints Academy for the last two years for the pre-school and now pre-k programs and will continue to attend in the years to come. The newly established pre-school and pre-k programs have far exceeded my expectations as an involved parent and have been nothing short of great beginnings to a great education. Sometimes as parents we "over nurture" our children and it is partly the responsibility of our teachers to help children find their identity and self confidence. I can attest to the fact that my son has deemed himself The Ambasador in his class because he was empowered by his teachers and educators. All Saints Academy isn't just a school. It's a family and community that any child or parent would be lucky to be a part of...

Posted January 18, 2012

My son began in the preschool here the year it started, had 1 &1/2 years in the preschool and is now in Pre-K. My daughter is now enrolled in the preschool program as well. I cannot emphasize enough how pleased we are at our kids' growth, both academically and as individuals. The preschool & prek staff are superb, as are the other teachers in the school & older school children who act as mentors for the younger children. I have found the families who attend to be super helpful and friendly. We feel so fortunate that we found the right schhol with the right balance of education, nurturing, faith, family and community.

Posted January 18, 2012

I enrolled my first child in the Pre-K program in 2010. I had heard AMAZING things about the director/teacher, and decided to give this school a chance (I live in North Kingstown). Not only did the class and the teacher live up to my expectations, it far surpassed them!!! My son learned more than I could imagine any 4/5 y/old learning in a Pre-K. He was taught more then just what you could learn with pen and paper. He studied acting, music (violin!), art, yoga and so MUCH MORE!!!! If anything, this Pre-K overpreparred him for Kindergaten!!!! I was so happy with this program, I decided to stay at ASA and send my oldest to Kindergarten and my youngest to Preschool. I can say that I have been thrilled here, and would recommend ASA to any parent!!!

Posted August 10, 2011

I am a middle school student & student Chaplin here and i have been going here since 1st grade this is the BEST school ever!

Posted October 4, 2010

ASA follows in the traditions of the old NCCRS. It instills moral values and a wholesome atmosphere that is so important in todays society. The course work is challenging and the teachers recognize that there are all kinds of learners and work hard to accomodate all learning styles. Its a true gem on Aquidneck Island that offers a quality schooling in a nurturing environment. My daughter has learned so much about being a good student and person by the examples of kindness and consistency she sees everyday from her teachers. The principal works very hard to maintain high standards for the school, and works very hard at encouraging a close knit atmosphere at the schhol. Takea tour, you will not be disappointed!

Posted June 9, 2010

My son LOVES this school and I am so very pleased with the progress my son has made since September. You must visit because I know you will be more than welcomed to the school as soon as you walk through the doors like I was when I was school searching. The children are so pleasant and there is always someone there happy to assist you. The Summer Camp and Extended Day is faboulous.

Posted December 21, 2009

Moved to RI for NWC. Started kids at All Saints, but pulled them out because a problem student in one of our kids' classes. Administration would not do anything about it--basically in denial of ANY problems going on at school. We were part of a mass exodus that took our children elsewhere. Hindsight, I should have put my kids in the other Catholic school by Fort Adams, or moved to Middletown/Portsmouth. The public schools are better there. Actually, I should have just homeschooled... If i could give negative stars I would.

Posted November 10, 2009

I went to each private school on Aquidneck Island and found All Saints to the most friendly and welcoming schools than all the others. My son has been in school nearly 3 months now and I can not believe how much he has accomplished. All Saints is a wonderful family oriented school. And there summer camp is just fabulous...Some days I send my son to Extended day and now he begs me to stay after...They are always doing projects with the kids...I simply love ALL SAINTS and so does my son.

Posted August 3, 2009

Please do not allow the one or two negative comments below to dissuade you from enrolling your child at ASA. This is a school that offers fantastic programs and is academically rigorous, producing students who routinely are accepted at prestigous high schools. Extracurriculars include soccer, basketball, cross country, chorus, instrument lessons, voice, and an annual spring musical that rivals any productions you will find at local high schools. My children are happy and nurtured in this close community environment. Older children routinely interact with younger students as mentors and role models. I would not send them anywhere else.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (401) 848-5587

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Providence