St Michaels Country Day School 4

Posted October 29, 2014
This school is really amazing. I have been at this school for a really long time and I think I know it very well. At SMS there is a ton of homework. Like for example in eighth grade someday I have five hours of homework. There is a really strong language program with a trip to Quebec and top ten national French and Spanish Exam rankings. The math program is rather challenging but prepares you well for high school. The English program could be stronger in some places but is quickly fixing itself. In history class we always are doing something new and interesting in our journals. And finally science class expecially in eighth grade is amazing. The teachers try to make every class exciting and to fit everyone's learning styles. It's great. The teachers are very strict and it can be highly stressful for some people but most are able to deal. The sports program is quickly expanding to include squash and tennis. This school is so small there is no "popular" or "bullying" . I really love this school and I think you will to.

St Michaels Country Day School 0

Posted April 27, 2010
very hands on, lots of opportunities for all types of learning; big on theatre programs, small classes

Posted February 04, 2010
St. Michael's is a beautiful, academically challenging school where students thrive in small classes with very involved, caring teachers. Both of my Middle school children are gifted and were thrilled to be put into a school where they were academically challenged and accepted by other students. Parents are very involved in the school and were very welcoming to new families. Classes are small and every student becomes a part of the community. Sports are required in Middle school but that has turned out to be an excellent experience. Both of my students have grown emotionally and socially in this environment. They will be more than ready for High School! Don't let the cost turn you away. Visit the school and learn about financial aid.

St Michaels Country Day School 0

Posted January 24, 2010
This school does not seek to understand a child's behavior but rather jumps to punishment. It does not encourage creative problem solving or emotional development. I would closely observe your child's interaction with teachers because what is marketed may not be what you are receiving.

St Michaels Country Day School 2

Posted December 04, 2009

Posted May 01, 2009

Posted April 24, 2009
A Great Schhol- the 'Best' on the Island. We lloked at whcih school offered the best education, the smallest class sizes along with the best secondary school placement record for our children and only St. Michaels Country Day School rated Tier 1.

Posted August 14, 2008
I'm in sixth grade at st.mike's and it the best school ever. We all get a great education even the three year olds. I really don't want to leave st.mike's in three years. But I have to.

St Michaels Country Day School 3

Posted June 12, 2008
As one other parent noted, many of the teachers and administrators are parents of the students. This can be a huge problem as far as objectivity of the staff and principal. Discipline is a big issue as well. Kids do seem to mostly like it though.

Posted May 27, 2008
Wow! this school is amazing. It is hard but extra help is always given. I love this school

St Michaels Country Day School
180 Rhode Island Avenue, Newport, RI  02840
Last modified St Michaels Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Michaels Country Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top