Stony Lane El. School 5

Posted March 11, 2013
My daughter has attended Stony Lane from Kindergarten and she is almost through 5th grade. I can't say enough about the high quality and professionalism of the teachers, office staff, Principal and anyone else associated with this school. I've always made sure that she did her homework & participated in some extra curricular courses offered, and I have easily established a rapport with her teachers. She has consistently scored "Proficient w/Distinction" on NECAP Reading & Math. The Open Classroom concept is not a hindrance. The teachers keep the kids engaged, and yes, once in a while it does get loud. The children thrive there. Many parents have told me that their child was quickly diagnosed with various types of learning issues, and were promptly contacted with information and advice. Many were given Individual Education Plans to monitor and assist them in their learning. This is extra work for the teachers, and they make sure that each and every child is on track. Some children may need more than others, and it is up to the parents to stay involved. This school is at capacity enrollment, gee I wonder why?!

Stony Lane El. School 5

Posted February 23, 2013
This school has its students perform above all schools in the state and consistantly implements the newest training approaches. The no walls concept continues to be one of the reasons this school achieves better than average results with all students but especially with gifted children. Superb parent teacher participation is seen by overfull parking lots for each of the PTO sponsored after school activities.

Stony Lane El. School 2

Posted February 19, 2013
I'm not sure how this school rates so high. My son went to kindergarten and first grade at stony and I was unimpressed. How can parents not mention that there are no walls? Yes, that's right, the classrooms are giant cubicles. It's a joke. If your child has any form of ADD or ADHD this school is not for them. The best part of that school is the school nurse teacher Mrs. Schnack. She is wonderful.

Stony Lane El. School 4

Posted September 08, 2011
Stony Lane is a great school, however the new Principal is not warm at all - actually he is rude.

Stony Lane El. School 4

Posted February 03, 2006
This school is wonnderful to me . The principal seems to be doing her job well and staying on the staff. Everyone is happy in the meetings I go to . I t seems fine school to me . ..For NorthKingstown...

Stony Lane El. School
825 Stony Ln, North Kingstown, RI  02852
Last modified Stony Lane El. School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stony Lane El. School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top