Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted November 09, 2015
The teachers and staff are very involved with the overall well being of their students, remembering each one by name and working with the families to make each child's experience at Fishing Cove Elementary a positive one. The PTO has been very active in working with parents and the community to make every opportunity a lasting impression on the excellence we all need to strive for and instill in our children. I have worked with several of the teachers to address my concerns over my child's needs as he's progressed through the grades and each teacher has been supportive, patient, and nurturing. Please continue to keep up the great job educating and inspiring the youths of today so they can grow into the leaders of tomorrow!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 09, 2015
My child has been going to this school since kindergarten and each year he has had exemplary teachers who take the time to listen and address any questions or concerns I've had. His teachers have gone above and beyond in their attention to his needs and worked with me to meet all his extra requirements. I can't say enough good things but most importantly, thank you for being a part of the Fishing Cove community!!

Fishing Cove El. School 1

Posted October 18, 2015
This school has been nothing but bad news for our child!! If you child has any type of special needs, especially ones that may not seem as severe as others (ODD, ADD, ADHD etc.), then this is not the school for you! They put us through the ringer with denials for special education (so far for the first 2 years of school.. he is now on his 3rd year) even after leaving marks up and down my 6 year old's arms. The principal (Seitler) is also a joke. She is the most unprofessional, rude, manipulative, degrading person i have ever met. That is the kind of person that runs the school. A person that while in our THIRD meeting trying to fight for my child's education, she laughed in my face. Very long story cut short... I hope Fishing Cove is not your district school! Then again, seems that the director of special education is just as bad. She just backs the principal up... *Budgets*! My child will never step foot in that school again!

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted October 18, 2015
I have no one to thank at this school. I had no choice but to choose an option.. The only person that my child had a good experience with was the music teacher.

Posted March 20, 2014
My child is receiving a world class education at Fishing Cove. My son is thriving under the most excellent teaching staff both academically and socially. I love how the school integrates the actual fishing cove marsh into science and art curriculum. Talk about the value of hands on learning! The PTO is incredibly active too, and continuously develop new and engaging ways for families to be a part of the Fishing Cove community. We have every confidence that this jewel of a school is preparing our son for a rigorous and successful academic career. The teaching staff are tremendously experienced, the classroom sizes are optimal for peak student performance, and the Fishing Cove families are kind, inclusive and highly engaged with their children and with the community at large. We are thrilled that our son is fortunate enough to be able to attend this wonderful school!

Posted September 17, 2013
So far I have loved the teachers, principal involvement, parent involvement, and the way my daughter comes home from school happy as can be every day. I love the education she is gaining, her safety is always priority, and the nurse is very friendly and communicative. Overall great school!

Posted September 08, 2013
My school is great on how managing students and the syllabus covered on day to day basis. The jewel bucket filling by the class and voting on rewards options is an excellent idea.

Posted October 01, 2009
I have 2 students at the school this year one in K and the other in 2nd. I have to disagree with the parent who said the school may not be good for those with special needs. It has a special K program for children with special needs and I have had very good experiences with OT, PT, and Speech. All the therapists are knowledgeable and helpful and the principal takes a real interest in the children with special needs.

Fishing Cove El. School 3

Posted July 08, 2009
Great families, great teachers!....but if your child needs extra help/ has mild special needs...this may not be the right place for you.

Posted September 24, 2008
Excellent school! All staff is friendly and cares about the students and their education. Feels like family with each interaction.

110 Wickford Point Rd, North Kingstown, RI  02852
Last modified Fishing Cove El. School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.