North Providence, RI

Centredale School 5

Posted June 10, 2014
I have always been very happy with the teachers here. When my daughter needed extra help with learning sight words, her teacher told me about a game I could play with my child to help her. My daughter was reading at a 5th grade level while still in 2nd grade! I have two children who attend this school. The parents are good working class people. The principal gets the job done. My only wish is that they had Father/Daughter or Mother/Son dances. I hate to have my kids miss out on that! They do have a Family dance instead.

Posted June 09, 2014
My daughter went here K-2 and I was very pleased with the quality of teachers. My middle daughter is in the special ed Pre K and I am also very pleased with the quality and care of Ms Julie and the teachers assistants, they truly provide a friendly learning environment for young learners. However, the overall quality of the towns administration is very poor. This is why I could not give 5 stars. There is no PT in the town (only an assistant) and there is only one person for the entire town! The OT and Speech therapists are great, however no one this far has been able to draw up a proper IEP in the 2 years that I have been dealing with this town. The teachers and therapists need to be properly trained in writing these so that the special ed kids do not slip through the cracks! This town clearly doesn't want to put $ into special ed.

Posted April 17, 2014
I am very pleased with the positive learning environment Centredale Elementary provides my child. I have seen her grow leaps and bounds in her reading since her transfer from another school. They are community minded and provide many opportunities for children to help out those in need. Communication is one area of opportunity for the school.

Centredale School 1

Posted February 21, 2014
I was a student at centredale the teachers and staff were amazing. I had been at centredale from pre-I to 5th grade I have alot of memory's there good and bad. Now the school that I'm at I realize how mean the principal was not only yelling but yelling over a microphone with two huge amplifiers and over a bull horn. One time there was an insodent that I was being led out if the lunch room and was told to wait on one of the walls so I did one substitute teachers assistant came up and yelled at me for standing there the principal joined in I was just taking detections and as you can see the principal did not care. I am so many other students are very happy to be out of that school

Posted May 08, 2013
This is a great school! The teachers are outstanding! We have been very happy with our experience so far!

Centredale School 3

Posted March 25, 2010
My experience thus far with Centredale school has been very positive. My twins are in seperate kindergarten classrooms and they are engaged academically daily by the teachers. The principal is not very friendly, but she gets the job done. A young boy was bullying my daughter and the leaders were all over it. My children have homework every night. I also appreciate the psychologist on site to work on social skills, as many children need work in this area.

Centredale School 1

Posted June 15, 2009

Centredale School 2

Posted September 05, 2008

Centredale School 3

Posted July 22, 2008

Centredale School 2

Posted March 22, 2006
safty big concern have seen children left outside for over 5 min unsupervised by any adut few bystanders in the yard not sure if parents or strangers, principal not the most friendliest

Centredale School
41 Angell Ave, North Providence, RI  02911
Last modified Centredale School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Centredale School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top