Bad
Good

Great School! This area is known for high performing schools and kids. The school system has been recenlty updated and the commitment from the teachers is evident.

This is a great school and always scores very high in acedemics. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants their child to be successful

I was fortunate enough to learn from many of the really excellent teachers that teach accelerated classes at this school, though it is true that there are some really terrible ones teaching standard classes. Unfortunately most of the classes are polarized into one of these two groups, so the average student either receives an education way above or way below their ideal level of learning. The administration (when I was in attendance) was in general petty, immature, and inexperienced, which made them difficult to respect. Despite this, many of the students are in general good natured and friendly. The music, mathematics, science, and phys ed departments are run by high-quality instructors. The school has its problems, yes, but as far as public schools go I think it is exceptional; a focused student can certainly thrive here.

I was student and all 3 of my kids are graduates. It's not a perfect place but it a very good school. If your student is a high achiever they will be challenged. There are many AP courses available. They do fall short with the kids who are struggling. They offer a variety of activities for students to be involved with. Track, basketball, FFA and music to name few. Many parents volunteer to support these groups. Teachers in middle and high school routinely write and receive grants to benefit the students. I know people who have gone on to great things after attending this school. I feel students are given a lot of opportunities here, but in the end it's what they make of it.

i went to this school and not for nothing but the teachers need to have tests taken before they are sent there to teach our youth. im very disapointed in that school system and i regret making the choice of going there. i should have went to a private school. i do not recomend this school for your children. they are really hard on the students and they really do not teach you a thing. i had to correct teachers there a few times and i got in trouble for it. nice huh?

Not too bad of a school. Full of druggies but where isn't. General education is a joke, but music and the Alt Energy program are some of the best anywhere. Dan Coyne and Ross McCurdy among other exemplary teachers make up for the high level of busy work and poor administration.

the high school is so much better then the middle school the teachers and staff are nicer and u get more done

This school has excellent teachers but did not give me the standard of education required to excel in a collage situation.

I recently graduated from Ponaganset and matriculated at a university. The education I received at Ponaganset did not prepare me for the rigorous academic environment I entered. My skills and general knowledge base, especially in math and science, were not comparable to students educated both at other public schools (especially those educated in Virginia, Pennsylvania and New Jersey) and private schools. I was surprised at how ill prepared I was for college because of the high academic regard in which Ponaganset held itself when I attended. Although some teachers were exemplary and devoted, the vast majority were over-entitled and inadequate. If I had a child, I would not (unless the school has changed in significant ways) send him/her to Ponaganset

The school is pretty well equipped for the educational portion of high school, but I wouldn't necessarily say that it is exemplary. It is a tight-knit community and very close-minded, not a school for diversity or (in my opinion) minority students. This was my experience and opinion only, other students and families may have had better memories.

Last modified Ponaganset High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.