North Scituate, RI

Posted March 28, 2013
This school is one of the highest performing schools in the area. They have had top academic ratings and many accomadations for innovative teaching. I would highly reccommend this school to anyone

Posted December 22, 2008
I love this school so much better than elementary school. It is awesome! My favorite teacher is Mrs.Fox on the purple team 6th grade. 2008-2009

Ponaganset Middle School

Posted September 05, 2008
I love this school! it is a magnifiscent new building and has a fabulous music program! we love you Mrs. Spadazzi!

Posted May 01, 2008
ponaganset has a great sport program for youths. also have the best teacher Mr. Frost

Posted January 05, 2008
Ponaganset is a great school. We have an amazing new building and great teachers! This school is an awesome school, besides some schedule problems and a few loopy teachers. But overall, the school is a wonderful, safe place to be. Also, they have very talented sports programs, (07-08, XC 2nd place in N. Division, soccer team won states, boys soccer in playoffs, Basketball, (season not yet complete) Both teams undefeated)

Posted August 27, 2007
ponaganset middle school is the best school in america especially th new building it is just a superior school all of my 5 children loved it and 6th chil is in 7th grade he is very excied to see the new school building

Posted May 24, 2007
I think POnaganset Middle School is a great school. The new POnaganset Prid system is greatly enforced. Principals keep strict rules and enforce them strongly.

Ponaganset Middle School 2

Posted March 26, 2005
This school is in need of a makeover in every area. Their principal and vice principal have their own perception of discipline, they are not 'children friendly'. Most, not all, teachers should think of retirement! They think that teaching consists of worksheets, excessive homework, and very little student interaction. The best yet, however, is that you can't get back into the school after 3 pm! So, if your child happens to forget a book or an assignment, that's too bad! No-one will let you in to get what you need. How does this philosophy help with educating the child? I could go on forever, but I'm working with limited space. This middle school needs to be evaluated by a SALT team and the truth will come out once and for all!

Posted January 04, 2005
I do not agree with some of the discipline theories. I was told by my child when someone gets in trouble they have 'isolation'. This consists of sitting in a chaIr in front of EVERYONE during lunch, and eating alone! Why not just put a DUNCE cap on them too! This is embarrassing to a child and are labeled as the 'bad kids' Shame, shame, shame.

Ponaganset Middle School 1

Posted June 01, 2004
I was a student in this same school and now I'm a parent w/ 3 children in each of these grades and a 4th child who will go to this school in 2 years. My experience w/ dealing w/ this school has been an ongoing horror. The principal/vice principal chooses to enforce some policies but not all, parents aren't informed well, if at all, of their childrens behavior or of any problems that may accure with their children while in school. They have violated my rights as a parent and my childrens rights for a free an appropriate education. Despite the facts I could list, my over all opinion is this school is under-budget ( they cut the budget and the staff for all the schools in this district) and there's alot of teachers who need to take a refresher course on dealing w/ the individual needs of special education children.

Ponaganset Middle School
7 Rustic Hill Rd, North Scituate, RI  02857
Last modified Ponaganset Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ponaganset Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top