Bad
Good

I am so thankful for my sons teachers and staff at Curvin Mccabe Elementary they have amazing teachers and staff that are willing to go the extra mile and make sure your child gets the best education as possible. They are so easy going and willing to work with me at any time. Couldn't have asked for a better school for my child.

This school has done a very good job at teaching our child. There is an abundance of great and experienced teachers. The Cozy program is also very, very good for the kids at a low price in the summer time and also after school. What I like most about the school is the cultural diversity and income diversity because not only do the kids have great experiences with experienced teachers but they learn other points of view and to accept other points of view, which is not always the case at private schools or some other schools in wealthy or culturally homogeneous communities. The school has been more than prepared for the transition to Common Core educational standards by training its teachers with the standards to an exceptionally high degree. In fact Pawtucket and East Providence School teachers received considerably more training in these educational standards than other school districts in Rhode Island.

This is a great school with great teachers and a very good PTO. The principle is strict but kind and she does a great job navigating all the difficulties and concerns of public elementary schools.

Curvin McCabe has excellent teachers who care about the success of their students. The principal is excellent with the students and parents. She is firm and fair. The overall atmosphere of the school is very welcoming and inviting. The Superkids reading program is the best program. Both my son and daughter love this program. They love the characters. I couldn't believe that in kindergarten both my kids learned to read and read very well. I'm am extremely happy with what Curvin McCabe has done and continues to do for there students.

My three boys attended Curvin-McCabe. The teachers are great! They work with parents to help students suceed. We moved out of state but I am very thankful for all the guidance provided to my children. When I moved there was a new principal and her way of dressing was very inappropriate.

This School The Greatest!!! This School Should Get More Organized MORE though... But it's great!

The principal of this school has no social skills. She has set an uninviting and dull tone to this school. The teachers are also unfriendly and all out cranky. My daughter is in the third grade and I cannot wait to remove her from this school. We are moving out of the district! Her teacher yelled at a student that they should mind their own business and come talk to her when she gets a college degree. "I have three, come talk to me when you get one". Unbelievable!!! Do NOT SEND YOUR KID TO THIS SCHOOL! The school complains that there is not enough parent involvement but they do not create an enviorment for parents to want to get involved. The afterschool program COZY is better run and has more compassionate staff than the school itself. The school has gone through three principals in 4 years. That should say it all.

I take offence to what the previous parent said about the area being 'low income'. We are not a low income family and most of the people that live here are not low income. The school is a good school and my son enjoys it their. He really enjoys going to the after school programs.His teacher is great and we enjoy how the PTO gets the family's involved we always have fun at the mother son dance's. Overall it is a pretty good school not to many improvments are needed.

Last modified Curvin-Mccabe School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.