Bad
Good

Cunningham School 5

Posted November 24, 2015
When my son began Cunningham the School was a mess and out of control with students on a road of Failure as they moved thru and onto Slater Jr. Parent Involvement was at a all time low or Not happening and Teachers Struggling with a I don't care attitude from students. The School Building look like shit with Graffiti and the surrounding of the school filthy with trash, broken glass and uncut grass. Since that time, we the Caring Loving Parents with the Caring Loving Teachers have worked hard to bring Community of Students back to our children. My Daughter started in the school last year not seeing the same school as my son did. Mr. Zona did a good work making the school more inviting and Important inside for the children with the Vocabulary Parade and the STAR Student Program became a beacon of Hope for the children day by day. The new principal is carrying on with those programs and the children are more proud of themselves then ever. Last spring I sat in my back yard with our local state representative Mr. Tobon to talk about raising Tip workers base pay and ended our talk mentioning how our Cunningham look like shit and that's what the students SEE every day as they enter the Building. I said the children of the school think it's Normal and feel NO Pride. I said if there is No School Pride, There is No Unity of the Students. The School needs to be there home, a place to be Proud, a place all will feel protected, a place they will protect. A place to earn and learn respect for each others Common, Equal Efforts. I want to say the Thank You HASBRO and Volunteers for the New Outside Paint on the building with the added Symbols' of Education and all the cleaning and Landscaping with added seating for children to sit around a tree. It's Outstanding Community Involvement after so many years of neglect. I find the school 10 times better now, we just need more parent involvement to keep the school safe and help keep the school area clean. Got it, Get it, Do it!

Cunningham School 5

Posted May 14, 2015
I'm obsessed w/the wonderful teachers in this school..especially the lower grades. They treat the children as if they are their own. They instil confidence and kindness towards others and the children learn so much from one another because of that.. I have a child who has recently been diagnosed w/ADHD and has received his IEP, then incredibly helpful and made sure I understood the whole process.. Because we had moved early in the year, I was going to have to put my son in a new school and feared a huge setback. Academically and emotionally.. with the support of his teachers and back-up from the principal (who knows all his students names) the school Dept not only let him stay, they let him stay with his teacher.. ( we held him back ) needless to dsy he has excelled and improved so much..its with great sadness we will be starting our new school yr. At a different school. A very special thank you to miss Belmont who's always a blessing, Mrs sabatelli and my favorite, MRS. SANTA CRUZ!!! best teacher ever!! Keep up all the great work Cunningham!!!

Cunningham School 3

Posted July 20, 2013
These reviews break my heart. I attended the school in the 1970s. I still praise my elementary teachers there as the ones who instilled a love of learning in me and nurtured my creativity and curiosity. They were more influential in my life than my middle and high school teachers (in a more affluent suburban neighborhood). The school had poor physical resources and the principal during my time practiced questionable leadership (I even knew that as a child!) -- BUT the teachers set me on a path of academic success and a career in higher education. THANK YOU to all my teachers who loved on us, played the guitar, led us in creative projects, and set up fun learning centers. Note: Since I do not know what the school is presently like, I have opted to give 3 stars for an average rating. TEACHERS: Hang in there. You REALLY can make a difference in the lives of students. PARENTS: Get involved. It takes a village.

Cunningham School 2

Posted June 15, 2013
I used to go to this school, and all I got to say is, the teachers are friendly and the principal that it had when I was there was one of the worst I have seen. I know this isn't the teachers fault, but the curriculum wasn't very good. I remember some of the things I learned were very repetitive throughout the years. I liked the teachers, but beyond that, not much good in this school.

Cunningham School

Posted December 03, 2008
it a fun cool school for kids to learn if your child have problem with math they will make sure by the time they in 6grade they will know alot about math

Cunningham School
40 Baldwin St, Pawtucket, RI  02860
Last modified Cunningham School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.