Pawtucket, RI
Students enrolled: 1,158

William E. Tolman High School 3

Posted December 11, 2012
As a student from Tolman High School, I can say from experience that if it wasn't for attending this high school I wouldn't be who I am today. Because of Tolman, I got to network and meet leaders in Rhode Island Criminal Justice System. Tolman gave me an internship in which I could of never imagined would make an ever lasting connection. Now I am in my Junior year of College studying law and proceeding to go to Law School after I graduate. Tolman is a very diverse school, and because of that I learned to communicate and work with other people of different races. Of course like many know, Tolman does have bad apples and people who don't care about their education. However, in my years at Tolman, every teacher motivated me and pushed me to my limits. The portfolio gave me a way to display my hardwork but also it prepared me for the workforce. I know that some students that graduated in 2010 with me can say the same. I have been asked to go back to Tolman and speak to the students about my experience and what doors it opened up for me. If any one does have any questions, email me. I'll tell you the truth.

William E. Tolman High School 3

Posted February 25, 2010
Tolman High School is just an average school. Some say they have their best years of their live at highschool, but I don't see how teens can do this at Tolman. The teachers aren't as good as they could be and the students don't really want to learn. Plus, Tolman is undergoing both a schedule change and a Portfolio, which completely kills the consept of highschool. Tolman is nothing like it used to be.

William E. Tolman High School 4

Posted September 13, 2009
tolman high has its ups and its downs. i have a bittersweet feeling about it... where it has its brilliant students and wonderful teachers, it also has deadbeats and teachers who could care less. but isnt that every school??? you hear such bad stories about tolman, but attleborro high or even st. raphaels have stories just as bad. there is much to love about tolman and many great opportunities to seize. stop complaining until you experience it yourself.

Posted February 05, 2009
William E. Tolman is a fantastic school for both teachers and students. I am currently in the top of my class and I manage to particpate in a variety of extra curricular activities as well as an assortment of high and moderately weighted classes. I find it hard to beleive that at any other public high school in RI you will find such wonderful and dedicated coaches and teachers. We have an active student body and a faculty that is willing to go over the moon for their students. We have some of the best teachers in RI on the payroll here at THS. We have Ivy League educated teachers with their PhDs in their feilds who live to teach adolescents. From track and feild to robotics & Key Club THS also offers great after school activities and tutoring programs. I am very proud of my school.

Posted May 17, 2008
This is a good school. I don't know everyone else is talking about that it is not. Maybe if we the parents get more involved in the schools, it won't be so bad. I have 1 child who graduated last year and I have another one graduating this year. I like how the school split the year up into trimesters. The school is tryingt its best so that students can graduate and earn more credits during the year. This year it is new that seniors class of 2008 and beyond has to present a portfolio to a board of advisors. I Tthink that this is a great preparation for the future. Why? Because after kids greaduate from college , they may need to gather together a portfolio to a 'real job' or career sort of speak. This just helps them build on the public speaking communication skills that they need to

Posted November 01, 2007
Don't let bad press about the school fool you. It has a plethora of extra curricular activities, such as student council, key club, class boards, drama club, dance club, math league, robotics, and many more in addition to sports. Most of the teachers are very competant, and provide fascinating and captivating lessons. The only short comings I can think of are the Rhode Island Department of Education mandated graduation requirement, such as portfolios. Also, the daily, eight minute, advisory does not provide much help to students at all. Other than that, it is a really great school.

Posted October 25, 2007
I am currently attending Tolman High school and I think the teachers, staff, and guidence all fail to provide the students with the maretials, and education that we need. And most deffinitly the Saftey of ourselfs. Their is always some sort of fight at Tolman High and if we were busy being educaited where would we have time to fight? I would never refer anyone to William E Tolman Senior High School.

Posted May 04, 2007
This school is really put down more then it ever should. The teachers are amazing, the school has really been upgraded with everything. There are a variety of new elective classes and it really makes the students want to go to class and participate. The sports are what really make the school a school. And I dont regret ever coming to this school.

William E. Tolman High School 1

Posted March 29, 2007
on a personal note i would not send any child to this school my children attended tolman not a good experience

Posted December 14, 2006
Great school, my son loves it there. I wouldn't send him anywhere else. The school has somewhat of a bad reputation. But the allegations against the school are in the most part false. Don't get me wrong there are a few bad apples, who can be found there. These bad apples are both teachers and students, but for the most part its hard to find a genuinely bad person. But because of the few bad ones the whole school gets labeled as bad. It is pretty unfair in my opinion.

150 Exchange St, Pawtucket, RI  02860
Last modified William E. Tolman High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William E. Tolman High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top