Pawtucket, RI

Posted July 01, 2013
St. Teresa School is a very affordable and excellent school. Principal Carney is caring and supportive, as are all the teachers and staff. My child excelled in this school, and I can't thank them enough. There is a strong sense of community within the school. Whenever I had a question or problem, Mrs. Carney patiently explained or helped, and my child always felt like family.

Posted June 07, 2013
St Teresa School is a blessing. The principal and staffers are wonderful! I can't say enough about how supportive and accommodating they are!

Posted June 07, 2013
The environment at St. Teresa School is a very positive and loving one. The education my child received is second to none, but it's the family camaraderie that leaves a lasting impression on every graduating class. Principal Carney cares a great deal for her students, as though each child were her own, and the rest of the staff are equally supportive. I pulled my child out of two different public middle schools, where bullying and failing grades were all too common, before coming to STS-- and I'm so glad we did! Through the staff's loving guidance, my child has become a confident and more independent student, ready to take on high school with a new attitude. This is what a great school should do-- prepare you for a great future! I found the school to be very affordable comparatively, and worth every single penny!

Posted May 18, 2013
My niece and nephew have both attended this wonderful school, and it has made a significant impact on the quality of their lives. The teachers exemplify the Catholic values of compassion, understanding, and service. They unselfishly give of their time and resources to ensure that the students receive an outstanding education in a safe and nurturing environment. The dignity of each student is a priority, and they are challenged to grow and develop a positive self-esteem. The faculty present as warm, welcoming, and devoted to the needs of the students. They work well together and are always available for consultation and direction. The principal, Ms. Carney, has done an outstanding job in ensuring accreditation and updating resources to reflect current technological trends. She responds immediately to parents' concerns in a non-judgmental manner. It is clear that the children in this school are loved and cared for. Ms. Carney's leadership style has proven that St. Teresa's School is not just an acadmic setting; it is a loving Catholic community where children are inspired to embrace Catholic teachings and live these out well into their adult lives.

Posted March 21, 2012
My daughter went to St. Teresa School and I was surprised to see some of the remarks and the rating it received. I have to disagree with some of the comments. From my past experience with the school and listening to other parents comments while there most people love this school. They agree that since the principal has been there the school has greatly improved. I feel the school made my daughter a better person. She had some personal difficulties and received the support she needed from the teachers and the princilpal there. It made me be able to go and do my job knowing that my child was in a healthy and caring enviroment. I don't think my daughter could have been in a better place or gotten a better education than she did there. There are problems in every school. Obviously anyone who doesn't get the results they want will have something negative to say. The student who hates it there should go to another school. Your parents pay for you to go there...go to another school "for free" if you're not happy. I hope that more parents become aware of this website and make some positive comments and gives the school, teachers and principal the credit they so deserve.

St Teresa School 1

Posted July 31, 2011
I currently go to the school and I hate it so much the teachers do not take of problems properly especially if you are in middle school to much bullying goes on better bully system.

Posted June 12, 2011
My daughter has been attending STS for the past three years, from Pre-K and now going on to 2nd grade. We love this school. She has learned and has come a long way. The teachers she's had are delightful and available. The one thing I am encouraging the school to do is have teachers and parents exchange email address and build more of a communication hierarchy. I know the best thing is to communiatein person with the teacher but someitmes as a working mother we would love to email the teacher in case of a HW questions.... just a thought. OVerall, it's a loving parish with a great education.

St Teresa School 3

Posted August 26, 2010
My son has been in this school since the 3rd grade. I have to agree with a lot of other posts. Caring teachers, but discipline is lacking in some areas. There are a few students who bully and don't get in trouble. There has been a big teacher turn around. Seems like they don't stay for more then 2 to 3 years. Makes you wonder why, is it the pay, or the school! Not to thrilled with the principal. Parents should not be afraid of the principal, students should be!

St Teresa School 4

Posted March 23, 2010
I am a parent of a child attending St Teresa's and could not be more pleased with the overall atmosphere the school maintains. In both classroom as well as after school activities. My child is always eager to head to school and begin his day! This is a great envirornment for children and learning.

Posted May 18, 2009
Personally I love the school all of the teachers know the kids and all of the kids know each other. They are determined to leave a good impression on there students. The teachers are even willing to stay after school with a student if they are having troubel on a certain topic. They listen and are very caring of the students. The teachers are FIRM BUT NOT MEAN. In order to succeed you need to be talked to firmly once and a while.

St Teresa School