Posted July 25, 2014
My kid finished kindergarten, and I cannot say enough good things about this school. Excellent class size, 18 kids with 2 teachers, super loving and warm teachers, great community, everyone knows everyone. They have a staff member dedicated for family and community liaison. Excellent education, a lot better than the 5/10 great schools rating tells you. My kid learned Spanish, excelled at math, reading and writing, made friends, was in a safe and very well run environment this past year. Very clean, calm, well-organized, when you walk through you don't hear teachers yelling and yet it is very well disciplined. The teachers and administration are very responsive to parents, i feel valued and respected here at this school, as does my kid. Better value than some of the private schools in the area! The after school program at the school 3-6 pm is wonderful for working parents, very well run and affordable. They organize parenting workshops, among other events. They have a very healthy school menu, e.g. no chicken nuggets. There's a special every day: music, art, phys ed alternating every three days plus library time. They do recess before lunch:proven to improve student behavior+health.

International Charter School 4

Posted April 19, 2010
International Charter School is the only charter school in Rhode Island offering a dual language immersion program. This is a school that offers a unique opportunity for children to learn in two languages. The school is well run, has great teachers and small class sizes. It is truly a warm and nurturing school where the teacher and administrators know all the children and care about them.

Posted October 26, 2009

Posted September 29, 2009
The school provides such a calm and nurturing environment for our children that it is always jarring to walk into a non-responsive classroom school and hear all the yelling and disrepect going on and not just from students!

International Charter School 0

Posted September 20, 2009
It's a small school dedicated to its students.

International Charter School 2

Posted January 07, 2009

Posted September 09, 2008
My children attend the International Charter School. I feel that this is an excellent school and that it provides a great educational experience to all the children that attend. The staff is great and very caring. I believe that it is the parents reponsibility to communicate any issues and dislikes to the school directly to ensure that their personal concerns are heard. I can truly say that the staff go above and beyond their job duties and have helped my son and daugter immensely! Thank-you very Much ICS staff!

International Charter School 0

Posted May 13, 2008
The school is ok you notice that the score is a 2 out of 10. Some teachers are friendly to some of the students and parents. I feel that they need to improve the social interaction between the staff and parents. I feel very uncomfortable around many of the staff, as if my african american children do not belong in their bilingual school. Again this is most not all staff. There are other parents who have expresed this as well, their social skills need to improve- starting with the principal all the way down to the assitants.

Posted June 22, 2007
My son just graduated from ICS it was a glorious moment. He has attended ICS since kindergarden, I can't imagine a better education anywhere. From the fantastic teacher parent connection to the dual language learning experience it was great and my son loved it. He was so much into this school, we never wanted it to end. He was loved by everyone and he loved everyone there, it was great. We only wished we could find another school for his 6 - 12 grade.

Posted December 09, 2005
I have graduated from this school, and personally I think better than I did before because they were good enough to get me into Moses Brown School on a scholership. If this school is good enough to do that, I feel that the Internation Charter School of Pawtucket can do anything it wants to do.

International Charter School
334 Pleasant St, Pawtucket, RI  02860
Last modified International Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
International Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top