Portsmouth, RI
Students enrolled: 1,010

Posted October 31, 2013
If you are military dont expect them to put out the welcome mat. I observed teachers specifically targeting the "new" kids.

Posted February 15, 2011
this school sux so bad i hate it here everyone else hates it to seriously it sux the teachers are terrible they obviously hate me and they pick favorites... i am very angry

Posted April 29, 2009

Portsmouth High School 3

Posted March 23, 2008
I graduated in 2005. This school is on a downward turn do to lack of funding and increasing class sizes as well as changes in guidance counseling.

Posted November 28, 2007

Portsmouth High School 5

Posted February 06, 2005
I graduated with the class of 2002. Great programs for arts and sports. Teachers were pleasant. I had some of the best years of my life at PHS.

Portsmouth High School 4

Posted December 27, 2004
I attended PHS (graduate 1992). At the time, I thought it was horribly run. Looking back, if I had children, I would move back to Portsmouth just so they could go to PHS.

Portsmouth High School 4

Posted November 18, 2004
With all 6 of my siblings and myself graduating from Portsmouth High School, I now have two children of my own attending. It is an excellent school. The block scheduling allows a much more thourough class, and children have an extra night to work on those extra homework assignments. Guidance is a step behind, however. For juniors and seniors, their guidance counselor has now taken the role of a college counselor. In high school, these kids need the accessability of both. Overall, I would recommend any parent to send their children to Portsmouth High, without a doubt!

Portsmouth High School 3

Posted September 08, 2004
Good school for those students with higher intellectual ability, however there are few to no programs or support in place for those students with IEPs or marginal academic needs. Support from Guidence personal is extremely lacking, however upper management personal are very helpful. The school is clean and welcoming.

Portsmouth High School 5

Posted July 25, 2004
- a former student

Portsmouth High School
Education Ln, Portsmouth, RI  02871
Last modified Portsmouth High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Portsmouth High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top