Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I went to PHS, wasn't a great student. But 30 years or so later I can appreciate what they've done for me. I moved, married, divorced etc. Ended up in Newport. Had the opportunity to move back to Portsmouth and put my sons in PHS. I jumped on that opportunity as quick as I could. Because if I didn't my youngest would have been a drug dealer in Newport! If you are a student writing these comments, my suggestion to you is re-read your comment when you graduate. I'm not a fan of most of the snotty people in Portsmouth, but my kids got an excellent education and succeeded in their adult lives.

Most teachers here are really nice, but if you take honors they use that as an excuse to give you an excessive amount of homework. The students, however, are awful. I am almost positive majority of the school is doing or has done drugs before. Most of the senior class definitely has and has been confirmed on social medias. Also many students drink (also confirmed by social media) and have already lost their virginity.

Teachers and administration care more about standardized test result boasting than they do about individual students success and development

Develops character: Disagree

Teachers go out of their way to get students the most punishment possible. In addition, they have a skewed view on disciplinary actions and commonly let bias allow students to get away with missing work and get other privileges not given to others

If you are military dont expect them to put out the welcome mat. I observed teachers specifically targeting the "new" kids.

this school sux so bad i hate it here everyone else hates it to seriously it sux the teachers are terrible they obviously hate me and they pick favorites... i am very angry

I graduated in 2005. This school is on a downward turn do to lack of funding and increasing class sizes as well as changes in guidance counseling.

Last modified Portsmouth High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.