K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Both of our children attended this school and received a great education in a safe Christian atmosphere. The teachers are outstanding and truly care about their students. They are available to help the students after school and let us parents know if the student is struggling in a subject and intervene to help. A great place to send your children.

AICA is an amazing school for a variety of reasons. From the headmaster to the teacher to the students and parents, everyone is invested in the education and environment. No doubt it is a Christian school, but the diversity of thought presented in a classical education well transcends the impersonal and stagnant schools we've seen in the past. There is a genuine feeling of family here and the kids walk away knowing they are respected, loved, and both academically and spiritually satisfied. DO NOT HESITATE to look at this school. The military community is most welcome regardless of short orders to Newport or not. We made the mistake of going through two other schools before settling on AICA. Wish we had started the kids there earlier!

Aquidneck Island Christian Academy is a classical model Christian school that emphasizes God at the center of all that is taught. If you are looking for a Christian school with incredible academic prowess, this is it! The staff is friendly, competent, patient, encouraging, loving, and genuine. The headmaster is extremely approachable and selfless. He has given his time and energy to this school for over 20 years. Several students rank high nationally in academics and some have also received national merit scholarships. Did you know that Albert Einstein, Ted Turner, Steve Jobs, and Joe Paterno were all classically taught students? The list goes on and on. The best part about all of this, it is not out of reach because of price. If you want or need a private school for your child but don't think you can afford. Think again. There is assistance if you need and qualify. Money is not the center of this school in any way, the children and young adults are the focus. BTW this great school has grades K-12 Perfect school for military families that are stationed at the Newport Navy Base.

I cannot speak highly enough about AICA. We have been incredibly impressed with the Kindergarten curriculum and what our child is learning. He is so excited and interested in learning. I love the small class size, the interaction with the entire school. The communication between the teacher and parent is unlike any other school I have seen. I HIGHLY recommend the school!!

This is the second year my child has been at AICA. Since attending this school his grades have improved drastically. Being in a classroom with fewer children he is able to get the help in areas where he needs it the most. I have also enjoyed our time here because it is like a close knit family and his faith in God is growing more, and more each day.

This is the 14th year I have had children attending AICA. My 2 oldest have graduated from AICA and are now in college. I am continuing to see the blessings/benefits of education at AICA. My children have been prepared spiritually and academically for college. I am seeing excellence in their reading comprehension, verbal and written communication, and research skills. They are also standing strong in their faith, for which I am very grateful.

Having my children attend AICA has not only edified my children but has been of true benefit to our whole family. It is wonderful to know that the things my husband and I hold so dear are dear to AICA as well. The education my children are receiving is certainly one that both my husband and I wish we had received. I thank God for AICA.

I am a parent who has enrolled my son at AICA from homeschooling. It has been an outstanding experience for him and for us as a family. The community is welcoming and kind. The staff has cared for my son, not just academically, but that his character would grow in godliness. I would highly recommend AICA!

I have now had my children enrolled at AICA for 4 years. What an amazing school experience for them. Not only are they receiving strong Biblical teaching, but the nationwide test scores blow many other private schools out of the water. Check out their website to see the testing scores. Would highly recommend the school!

Last modified Aquidneck Island Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12