Times2 Academy 5

Posted April 30, 2014
Times 2 Academy is a great school where my two children attend. The school emphasizes in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics, allowing the students to have a better understanding in those areas and giving them the opportunity to go to college with a good foundation and become excellent professionals.

Times2 Academy 1

Posted April 02, 2014
don't care for the school. too many complaints from students .don't like the area where the school is located. On my first visit I, thought this would be an excellent school but have since found out it is not.

Posted March 27, 2011
Times2 is the best charter school and third best school in Rhode Island. As a parent, I am very proud for the achievement of this school. Yes, there are some disappointments in the grading system of some teachers, but the academic progress is not compromised. I am really a big fan of the mathematics teachers (Ms. Childress, Ms. Britto), tough grades but big knowledge for my child. I know the school is facing challenges of academic budget year, it will be appreciated if they can find a way to appropriate fund for after school programs. WAL

Posted March 26, 2011
The school is truly doing its best in educating our children and working with parents.

Times2 Academy 0

Posted November 01, 2010
Times2 Academy is really into getting and keeping parents involved in their childs education. They have many opportunities for parents to volunteer and be involved.

Times2 Academy 0

Posted December 04, 2009
I'm in 8th grade and although T2 has dissappointed me as times, I know that I'm learning things that most other schools don't teach until the students go to high school. Even though I utterly failed in 6th grade and came close to failing in 7th grade, it wasn't because the school is that way, but it is because I was not responsible with my grades and fooled around. Even though I definitely want to go to a different school next year, I feel that this school is very encouraging and if you stay on track, you can be successful. :D

Times2 Academy 2

Posted October 29, 2009

Times2 Academy 2

Posted August 06, 2009
I was thrilled when my son got into the Academy. I heard wonderful things about the school. My experience there was a bit disappointing. Academically it is OK so far. But there is more to a successful school than test scores and graduation rate. This school has very low parent involvement and very poorly functioning PTO. Administration needs to get their act together and learn to communicate to parents. Any communication from the administration is done not proactively, as it should be, but as an afterthought, in response to concerns and rumors. An amazing resource, the web page, is underutilized, poorly maintained and outdated. There are very few extracurricular activities and no after school programs for younger kids. I hope the school improves in the upcoming year, and lives up to its reputation and fame as a great Providence charter school.

Times2 Academy 1

Posted May 26, 2009

Posted December 18, 2007
My son began his schooling @ Times2 in 8th grade when the school was just being announced for enrollment. The teachers were involved and the curriculum is superb! I would tell any parent to get your child on this waiting list if you want them to succeed. My son now is in 11th grade and struggling a bit and the teachers are not as involved, however if you have a child that would love to have AP classes in 11th grade that Cranston West has in 12th send him/her. The only thing I suggest is to go to parent teachers and really get involved because a few teachers aren't as involved as they should be at this point. The small classes should give not only the student, but also the teacher the time to communicate with each other and the parent. HIGH FIVE TIMES!

Times2 Academy
50 Fillmore St, Providence, RI  02908
Last modified Times2 Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Times2 Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top