Bad
Good

Times 2 STEM Academy is a fantastic school! I have a 3rd grader and one who is in Kindergarten there for the '14-'15 school year. I am so pleased with their academic standards and the caring teachers there. Class sizes in the elementary years are 18 per class - so much easier to learn than in a classroom of close to 30 students like most schools these days. I also like the fact that once they get into the school they can stay at the same school campus through the 12th grade (there are 2 buildings - one for K-6 and the other for 7-12 that are connected by a sky bridge).

Times 2 Academy is a great school where my two children attend. The school emphasizes in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics, allowing the students to have a better understanding in those areas and giving them the opportunity to go to college with a good foundation and become excellent professionals.

don't care for the school. too many complaints from students .don't like the area where the school is located. On my first visit I, thought this would be an excellent school but have since found out it is not.

Times2 is the best charter school and third best school in Rhode Island. As a parent, I am very proud for the achievement of this school. Yes, there are some disappointments in the grading system of some teachers, but the academic progress is not compromised. I am really a big fan of the mathematics teachers (Ms. Childress, Ms. Britto), tough grades but big knowledge for my child. I know the school is facing challenges of academic budget year, it will be appreciated if they can find a way to appropriate fund for after school programs. WAL

The school is truly doing its best in educating our children and working with parents.

Times2 Academy is really into getting and keeping parents involved in their childs education. They have many opportunities for parents to volunteer and be involved.

I'm in 8th grade and although T2 has dissappointed me as times, I know that I'm learning things that most other schools don't teach until the students go to high school. Even though I utterly failed in 6th grade and came close to failing in 7th grade, it wasn't because the school is that way, but it is because I was not responsible with my grades and fooled around. Even though I definitely want to go to a different school next year, I feel that this school is very encouraging and if you stay on track, you can be successful. :D

I was thrilled when my son got into the Academy. I heard wonderful things about the school. My experience there was a bit disappointing. Academically it is OK so far. But there is more to a successful school than test scores and graduation rate. This school has very low parent involvement and very poorly functioning PTO. Administration needs to get their act together and learn to communicate to parents. Any communication from the administration is done not proactively, as it should be, but as an afterthought, in response to concerns and rumors. An amazing resource, the web page, is underutilized, poorly maintained and outdated. There are very few extracurricular activities and no after school programs for younger kids. I hope the school improves in the upcoming year, and lives up to its reputation and fame as a great Providence charter school.

My son began his schooling @ Times2 in 8th grade when the school was just being announced for enrollment. The teachers were involved and the curriculum is superb! I would tell any parent to get your child on this waiting list if you want them to succeed. My son now is in 11th grade and struggling a bit and the teachers are not as involved, however if you have a child that would love to have AP classes in 11th grade that Cranston West has in 12th send him/her. The only thing I suggest is to go to parent teachers and really get involved because a few teachers aren't as involved as they should be at this point. The small classes should give not only the student, but also the teacher the time to communicate with each other and the parent. HIGH FIVE TIMES!

this is an exellent school ill be amazed if anybody left this school

Last modified Times2 Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12