Providence, RI

Posted March 05, 2015
I am currently a student at Central, and its not bad at all. Central has Become a real good school. All my teacher are fun and caring, at the same time they are strict and assertive. I find Central one of many great schools here in Providence

Posted January 03, 2015
I am a parent of 9th grade child. This high school has changed Lot since the bad old days when it was a famous mess. The Principal is caring and supportive and wishes to make the school better. There are many teachers that my child loves, who are diligent and education oriented. The kids have activities and are happy, there is an atmosphere of fun and support everywhere. There is a huge population of immigrant children which of course does not help the overall scoring of the school in Language Arts, but makes for diversity and an education that cannot be scored on State Assessments. The education is there for all levels. There is a debate team and many other after school activities for my child to be involved in. Do not fear to send a kid here! Its a great place!

Central High School 1

Posted August 25, 2012
horrible school...don't send your kids to this school is wasting time.. no improvement.... i went to this school last year and it was a mess, kids bulling other students all the time..

Posted August 15, 2012
Central high has come a long way. As a graduated Senior i believe this school has given me all the tools i needed to have a successful experience when applying to college. The administration and teachers have been working no stop to improve curriculum in our classes. The success in our sports have created also created an amazing student environment full of possitive experiences and school spirit. This school has come a long way!

Posted March 10, 2011
this school has improved so much duriong the past few years. as a student i am proud of my school and i know that with the hard work of the students and teachers, it will only get better. the entire building was red-done a while back but it still feels brand new, both students and faculty have maintained the building as beautiful as its looks. i just love the environment and the relationships and respect between teachers and students.

Posted October 21, 2009
Central is a great educational environment, I'm a new freshmen and I heard alot of awful rumors about Central. Rumors aren't true! I am proud to be a student here! our newspaper is great! we have awesome classes and programs. we have new books and the schools out look alone looks better than classical! The immediate reaction of teachers and the principals to inappropriate behavior is amazing! I love Central High

Central High School

Posted October 06, 2008
The standard of the the school is above average but the students tend to be unserious.

Posted June 19, 2008
My son attends Central high school and it is a great enviornment. There's never any fights and any trouble going on there which makes it easier for students to learn instead of having to deal with drama and gossip. The whole school is being remodeled and no nonsence is being tolerated at this school. When my son was a freshmen there were gangmembers running around the school looking for fights. He is now a senior and he hasn't even heard people argue loudly since then. The students there are determined and will be proud to know they graduated from Central high school.

Posted November 03, 2007
this school is getting way better, believe me, i was there from freshman year and now im a junior.

Posted December 03, 2004
I was 1 of the many students the graduated June/2004. This school is slowly moving in an upward position just like most of the other providence schools. The only difference being that my peers and the rest of the population at Central High school are determined to get those scores up. The Administrators, Teachers, Guidance personnel, and the rest of the staff only care about giving their students the best to their ability. It's gone a long way since 4 years ago where there were fights and gangs running around the grounds everyday. Now that the environment has changed with the introduction of Principal Decarlo, repairs to the building, and expelling of all that hurt the social climate so have the test scores. The students there are determined and proud to know they graduated from Central.

Central High School
70 Fricker St, Providence, RI  02903
Last modified Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top