Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Our kid has loved hers. Can't say much about the others, I just don't know.

Amount of homework: Agree

So far, so good! Doable, not a discouraging amount. And building good habits and the fun of learning.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The kids are made to feel "smart as a fox and strong as a bear."

We switched over from Henry Barnard Elementary. Our kid is much happier here. Loves her teachers. More freedom, more support and encouragement. She feels like part of the community, just as she is. It's not private school, so it's a little rough around the edges, but so is life. And until private school people put the time, energy, and money into their community schools...

The school is old and in need of some updates. The courtyard and playground, baseball field, and basketball court next to the school is a plus. My son enjoyed his experience and made many close friends. The sense of community between the children was awesome as they all would attend school and the boys and girls club less than a block away. I did feel some discrimination against my child as he was a minority male. I felt teachers would pressure me to medicate my child as he was energetic. I had my son evaluated by the providence center who did not feel he needed medication after several evaluations and classroom observation. Many mothers with male children have felt the same way in this school. The curriculum and work is rigorous which was great.

What a wonderful little school. I am saddened to hear there will no longer be a pre-k program after this year. I am not sure where I will send my children. I don't think there are any schools in the city that are not private that I can feel comfortable with my children in. Sad that I no longer have a choice and will be forced to send them to a school out of my neighborhood.

This school is THE WORST school you can put your kids in. The new principal (not really new) has turned the school from sorta good to horrible. The math program is just plain old bad and the teachers are not supportive. There is sooooo much bullying and some kids have almost died. If you are looking for a school do not put your kids in this one. Oh and one other thing there is no rease at all!!!!!!!!

i always hopping my kids proud of me,because i always will care of them,how always does parents other kids.

I worked like crazy to get my kids into this school because everyone said that it was "the best school in Providence". It was TERRIBLE. The only thing going for it is an incredibly enthusiastic PTO and a smattering of excellent under-supported teachers. Otherwise, it's a complete mess- terrible facilities, basic necessities not in place, no recess (????!), really just outrageously bad conditions all around. It turned my school-loving, academically advanced son into a school-dreading kid with a "learning disability". We moved to a new town with better schools and thankfully my boy is back on track, (in the gifted program!). What a complete and utter failure this school is. Very very sad indeed.

I will make a review base on year 2012. I am not impressed with the classroom pupils, 26 students per class. The whole way is so dark, no sun light.

Last modified Vartan Gregorian El. School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.