Posted March 03, 2014
What a wonderful little school. I am saddened to hear there will no longer be a pre-k program after this year. I am not sure where I will send my children. I don't think there are any schools in the city that are not private that I can feel comfortable with my children in. Sad that I no longer have a choice and will be forced to send them to a school out of my neighborhood.

Vartan Gregorian El. School 1

Posted January 18, 2014
This school is THE WORST school you can put your kids in. The new principal (not really new) has turned the school from sorta good to horrible. The math program is just plain old bad and the teachers are not supportive. There is sooooo much bullying and some kids have almost died. If you are looking for a school do not put your kids in this one. Oh and one other thing there is no rease at all!!!!!!!!

Posted September 12, 2013
i always hopping my kids proud of me,because i always will care of them,how always does parents other kids.

Vartan Gregorian El. School 1

Posted March 05, 2013
I worked like crazy to get my kids into this school because everyone said that it was "the best school in Providence". It was TERRIBLE. The only thing going for it is an incredibly enthusiastic PTO and a smattering of excellent under-supported teachers. Otherwise, it's a complete mess- terrible facilities, basic necessities not in place, no recess (????!), really just outrageously bad conditions all around. It turned my school-loving, academically advanced son into a school-dreading kid with a "learning disability". We moved to a new town with better schools and thankfully my boy is back on track, (in the gifted program!). What a complete and utter failure this school is. Very very sad indeed.

Vartan Gregorian El. School 2

Posted August 30, 2012
I will make a review base on year 2012. I am not impressed with the classroom pupils, 26 students per class. The whole way is so dark, no sun light.

Posted April 28, 2010
Vartan teachers are dedicated to their students. They are willing to stay and help those in need. Are willing to meet with parents/grandparents on any given day and even after school. They give their all and it's nice to see a bunch of teachers dedicated to student achievement rather than a 'nine to five' job.

Posted January 29, 2010

Posted October 17, 2009
Wonderful, caring, teachers who take a diverse student body with varying skill sets and installs the love of learning in them. Parents who are active and support the wonderful work the staff does with our kids

Posted September 25, 2009
We are a 'family' at Vartan Gregorian School at Fox Point - caring, respectful, and hard working. Recently named a 'Title 1 Distinguished School for closing the achievement gaps among student groups, the principal, teachers, staff, parents, families and students, both past and present, are dedicated to the important work we do at school everyday. Alumni teachers, staff, students and their families are frequent visistors to our school, recalling fondly their years at Fox Point. Community partnerships with Brown University, National Science Foundation, Rhode Island School of Design, Trinity Square Reperatory Theater, AquaLife, All Childrens Theatre, JUMP! Dance Company and many more enrich the daily lives of our students while helping to increase adult content knowledge across the curriculum. The PTO is supportive and works extremely hard to enhance the experiences of everyone at our school. Our academic efforts are reflected in some of the highest test scores in the city and, recently, we outperformed the state average in Science! Great school!

Posted September 25, 2009
Vartan has the most amazing teachers! :-)

Vartan Gregorian El. School
455 Wickenden St, Providence, RI  02906
Last modified Vartan Gregorian El. School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vartan Gregorian El. School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top