Providence, RI

George J. West El. School 4

Posted December 16, 2012
My son attends this school he is a kindergartner and he loves it...I love his teacher and everything she does to teach my son to learn..the only thing I dislike about the school is there is no where to park without getting harrassed and tickets to pick up my son from school

Posted August 22, 2011
I am a former student at West (1988), when going to this school we all had a great deal of pride even for elementary school students. I believe that without the education I recieved at West I would not be as successful as I have become. The school teaches more than just academics it shows students that you do not need the best equipment or facilities to achieve success. I do admit that when I visit Rhode Island the surronding area has taken a downward turn but the school is a historic building (the school used to be a high school before mount pleasant hig opened)

George J. West El. School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
My son loves his school he talks about it everyday

Posted April 27, 2009

Posted October 22, 2008
As a former teacher assistant at G.J.West, I will say that the staff work hard at acheiving all tthat he state requires as well as meeting the needs of the students and parents. I am proud to have reached out and embraced the lives of many first graders over the 8 years I was a staff member. I know it may apear they are a low acheiving school, but given what they are allowed to work with, they are making great strides. West is Best!

Posted January 30, 2008

George J. West El. School 1

Posted January 13, 2008

George J. West El. School 1

Posted January 11, 2008
this school is the lowest scoring elementary school in the state.they are way below standards and the school is very close to being shut down.

George J. West El. School 0

Posted September 27, 2007
My son just started the fifth grade and so far, it is going better than I expected, which is really good. I sent his teacher a letter the first day of school, as I always do and to my surprise she had sent all the parents a long letter home too telling us what to expect from her and what she expects from us as parents and the kids as students. We have not had an open house yet for me to meet with her but I did speak to her on the phone already upon my request. The school has gotten better each year.

Posted July 12, 2007
My 2 children have attended West Elementary since 1st grade and they have always loved it. The teachers are great and really care for the children and i've always had good relationships with the teachers.

George J. West El. School
145 Beaufort St, Providence, RI  02908
Last modified George J. West El. School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George J. West El. School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top