Providence, RI

Posted November 13, 2014
Pleasant View takes very good care of my grandson. He loves this school. He comes home every day and says what he learned and all about his friends.

Posted January 05, 2012
This is my son's first year at the school. I love it ! My son was welcomed with open arm as well as myself and my husband. We have incredible compassionate teachers as well as a phenomenal new principal. The staff is dedicated to your child's learning environment as well as being resourceful in having their needs met, due to lack of funding they have learned to become very creative . I joined the PTO to help out and stay involved and it has been a pleasure to work with the other parents to make PLEASANT VIEW Providences best public elementary school. This is by far Providences hidden treasure. I gave 3 stars to parent involvement because we have a small PTO but we do have a huge heart.

Posted January 05, 2012
Our son is in the pre-k program and it is our 1st experience with the Providence public school. Our child has 4 siblings and they all attend Catholic schools. We were very concerned due to our child disability the catholic school did not have the resourses for our child. At Pleasent View our sons teacher is phenomenal, not only with our child with all her students . All the aids and faculty that work with our child are outstanding. I am so comfortable leaving our child they are such loving, caring and devoted teachers. Our child loves to go to school, loves his piers and they are so helpful to him. He is learning so much. The principle is fantastic,dedicated and caring, rain or shine she is their greeting the students upon arrival. We are blessed and thankful that our son is in such a loving learning environment Pleasant View has become such an important role in our life and our childs life .I would not want him any where else definitely a 5 with the staff and their devotion to all the children. Things not thrilled about Parent involvement is low,Pleasant view does need some cosmetic work its a little outdated in and out. over all education wise we love it!!!!!

Pleasant View School 4

Posted October 10, 2011
I have been nothing but pleased with Pleasant View School since my son began attending in 2010. His teachers and staff inhis classrooms and in his specials ( music, pe, library, and swim) are always courteus and kind when I stop in to see how he is doing.

Posted September 04, 2011
Pleasant View is an amazing school that is filled with amazing teachers, staff and Principal. We have had a couple of rough years, but as a parent of a fourth grader, I am so happy to see the positive changes and attitudes of all involved. The Panther's have more PRIDE than ever. Our PTO is making big differences and our kids can sense the change! We look forward to a successful 2011-2012 school year!

Posted June 08, 2010
At a loss for words to describe how disgusted I am with this school. Their staff are downright rude, and inexplicably confrontational. It's too much to ask for a teacher to communicate at all with a parent. My son has special needs (severe CP) and goes there, and the medical staff is absolutely incompetent. They're completely incapable of any sort of dialogue beyond random medical orders issued coupled with threats based on nothing. I'm appalled at our experience with this school system overall and we'll likely move out of the city to change districts.

Pleasant View School 3

Posted April 15, 2010

Posted February 27, 2009

Posted February 16, 2009

Posted February 16, 2009

Pleasant View School
50 Obadiah Brown Rd, Providence, RI  02909
Last modified Pleasant View School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pleasant View School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top