Posted May 04, 2014
I graduated in 2004 from LSA. Best experience of my life! I was a member of the PEGASUS program for both grades 7-8 and the high school program, which is 10-12. Everyone says this is a sports school. I don't disagree--but I do disagree with those who think its ALL sports. I was a member of several extracurriculars--captained lacrosse, hockey, swimming--but I can say that a few friends of mine and I had an idea to start a robotics club. That idea turned into a showing at the FIRST Robotics National Championship in Atlanta. All in one year! The teachers go above and beyond to help out a student who is willing to try. The students are a family, and my HS friends are still friends to this day. LSA is not just a school with good sports teams. LSA is truly a family that you will never lose.

Posted July 28, 2013
I agree, La Salle is easily one of the best schools in New England. The sports are very competitive, they have just about every club and extra curricular activity that you could possibly want, they strongly encourage creativity and success in the arts, and the teachers build a very strong learning foundation for college. The students here always excel on AP exams and SATs because the teachers work hard to prepare them. Many will agree that there is a timeless spirit at La Salle. Everyone is so kind and warm. If you want your child to succeed in life, send them to La Salle.

Posted July 25, 2013
I will be a senior at La Salle and can honestly tell you that the past three years have been the best of my life so far. I have partaken in cross country, track, SADD, French club, debate, ski club, forensics, choir, and art club. There are so many more that I could join, but unfortunately I don't have the time. I am so very thankful for the friendships and opportunities I have been given here. I am in honors and AP classes. The classes are very stimulating. I spend at LEAST 3 hours a night on homework. Sometimes I detest that, but I know that I will be very prepared for college. The teachers truly care about you here. I have always felt comfortable talking to them, they will help you with anything you need. There is a spirit at La Salle that cannot be denied. The people here are so respectful and friendly, and I am always greeted by a familiar face. The sense of community and love that i feel when i walk through the doors is something that is unexplainable. I will miss this school so much when I am in college, but I know that I will be so prepared for the future. I strongly recommend this high school to anyone who wants to excel in life.

Posted July 25, 2013
My son graduated from La Salle in 2012 and would go back there in a minute if he could. My daughter will be a senior this year and my other daughter will be a freshman. I have to say, I completely disagree with the review below. We haven't wasted our money at all here. The teachers are amazing. Maybe the student didnt ask questions or participate in class, but they have always really made sure my kids understood the material. My children have never hesitated to email a teacher or stay after school for extra help. The teachers are all passionate about the subjects that they teach and they work hard to help the kids succeed. La Salle also has a sense of community that my son misses now that he's at a big university. The students are all very respectful. He thrived on good relationships with his teachers, they get to know every student. The sports at La Salle are top notch, and there is a club for everyone to join. Not to mention, the campus is beautiful, and the science wing is one of the best in RI. La Salle has nurtured my kids, taught them, and given them friendships and memories to sat a lifetime. It has so much to offer. I promise you, you won't regret sending your kids here.

La Salle Academy 2

Posted June 24, 2013
As a student at this school, I honestly feel as thought my parents' tuition money is going to waste. I tried transferring to prep school where I felt that the tuition is actually worth it, but unfortunately, my family couldn't handle the tuition bill in addition to my brothers' college tuition. The only factor about LaSalle that makes me stay as opposed to going to my town's public school is the fact that I do feel safe at LaSalle. There are some teachers who are great at what they do, but most of the teachers, patently, are not capable of teaching. Some have masters degrees, almost none have a doctorate. I would say that maybe 2% at MOST of the faculty have the highest degree in their field (whereas prep schools have about 70% faculty with highest degree). If you want to go to PC and make 80-120k a year, go to LaSalle. If you actually want to live a successful life, look somewhere better. Don't waste your money on a school that won't do much for you. LaSalle is NOT a good investment for education.

La Salle Academy 3

Posted October 26, 2012
I think La Salle is an okay school. It has many extra-curricular activities, but the school itself doesn't support many of them. Only extra curricular activity that they really support is sports. The school has good community if you are big on sports but if you arent then the school will kinda isolate you from their community. School is only good for sports really. School only cares about money too. Way too expensive on books, lunch, and overall tuition is ridiculous. I think they need to get their academic mission staight.

Posted April 20, 2010
Graduated in 08'. Teachers are awesome, build a strong learning foundation but encourage individuality. One of the best schools in New England, easily. And the sports are always competitive, especially soccer which boats nationally ranked programs for boys and girls. A B+ average from LSA can pretty much get you into any college. Huge, beautiful campus that is growing into a state of the art mecca for learning.

Posted November 27, 2007
This school is absolutely wonderful! My children love it and they are doing very well. They did go to a public school before and like LaSalle much better than the disorganized chaos that is public schools! I really recommend this school-- and the best part... there's no pressure from other students to wear the ''right'' clothes... so less spending there. Five stars all the way!

Posted August 28, 2007

Posted February 12, 2007
This is the best school I could imagine for my daughter. I feel she is safe there but I don't feel as though she is living in a bubble and has no problems to overcome- there is a happy-medium that LaSalle seems to have reached. My daughter is challenged everyday to think in new ways and to create and to live and love graciously. Also, there is an extra-curricular activity for everyone and if they don't have the activity you want, they will try to make a new team or a club for that activity.

La Salle Academy