Posted July 22, 2013
My two daughters have attended St. Augustine School since Pre-K. Although there are a few teachers that are unapproachable, I am lucky and grateful that this has not affected my daughters. I am extremely impressed by the community family sense I feel from the other school parents and teachers. The office staff has always been available and helpful, and the principal has always been approachable when I have had any questions which is something I have found to be unusual at other schools. Nothing, including schools will ever be perfect, but I have no regrets and feel as though my husband and I made the best and most appropriate decision when sending our girls to St. Augustine School. Lastly, Father Young and Father McMahon are kind-hearted souls and they are another asset of the school.

Posted May 28, 2013
i am a student at st augustines and is really good and this only my sixth year. When/if I have children i am going to send them here.

Posted February 27, 2013
I have two children in St. Augustine and couldn't be happier. I feel they have received an excellent education so far. All of their teachers have been completely approachable, as well as the principal.

Posted December 07, 2012
I agree with the PRE-K posting I am currently having a lot of trouble with the Pre-K teacher because she keeps putting my son down. If you don't have the perfect child that behaves all the time then don't bother sending him/her to St. Augustine. The Pre-K teacher keeps excluding my son from participating in school activities because he can't stay still. He has a little more energy than most but that is the reason they are in school to learn and not exclude them because they are different. Do your research and talk to parents in the PRE-K program before any final decisions. I know we are pulling my son out of this school.

Posted August 18, 2012
I have been going to this school for two years and am going into eighth grade there. I am president of the student council and involved in many activities. This school has changed my life and I love it so much. All of the teachers are great and care deeply on the success of all of the students. The classes are interactive and the teachers make all subjects vivid. Projects are creative and have you rely on others to use teamwork that will have to be used in real life. I have made lifelong friends with my class and have bonded with them each day more and more. I love this school and highly recommend it to all parents searching for a great school for students Pre-k through 8. David Demers, Student Council President 2013 Graduate

Posted September 07, 2011
My son attended this school for pre-k, and we pulled him out before the end of the school year. His teacher had him in trouble everyday saying terrible things to us about him. The principal wasn't any better. They said he couldn't sit down and wasn't allowed to hum. After many meetings with them both and his confidence being torn down, we suggested that maybe they needed to work with him more because he doesn't act like this at home and were told they didn't have time and it was our "problem" to deal with his "issues." so instead of trying to help him in the class, they labeled him a "problem child" and told the kids in his class not to play with him until he "behaved." After pulling him prom there, we had him see a psychologist because he was stuck in a "I'm a bad boy" mentality. After an evaluation, it turns out he has a sensory processing disorder. We had contacted the school several times afterwards to discuss what had happened and they blatantly ignored us. What was supposed to be an amazing educational facility was a nightmare and made our child sad to go to school everyday. That's something no kid should deal with ever.

St Augustine School 2

Posted April 28, 2011
Being a private school, kids come from good background and learn to be polite. However for the fee there is no outdoor activity or a playground type facility and kids play on concrete parking lot. Teachers don't seem very concerned either and were not completely honest about a recent incident regarding my child.

Posted May 03, 2007

Posted May 03, 2007

St Augustine School 4

Posted May 22, 2006

St Augustine School
635 Mount Pleasant Avenue, Providence, RI  02908
Last modified St Augustine School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Augustine School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.