St Thomas Regional School 2

Posted March 14, 2014
Would not recommend...no respect at all for students. Discipline is punitive and demeaning. Principal "doubles" as 7th grade teacher. VERY weak math department. Look elsewhere

St Thomas Regional School 3

Posted June 13, 2013
I am twenty two and I use to go to this school, really strict good academics, I went in when I was in 5th grade and I can't say I don't miss this school. I'm gonna be completely honest, they scream their lungs out in this school. When you did something wrong oh god! Every teacher would scream at you, really loud like to the top of their lungs. Even if it's the first Time you got into trouble they would make us cry sometimes, I put this on all. Don't get me wrong these teachers were kind of cool when we were on good terms with them but they were good at screaming in our faces and for any little thing, like one time Mrs. DiMuccio , our teacher (now THE PRINCIPAL) screamed at some girl because she thought she forged her parent's signature , she screamed at her bad! Like vein popping out of her neck, face bright red, and all in her face, she screamed at her in front of us. It's scary, especially when our 11 or 12, by the way it WAS her parent's signature. The apology, wasn't made in front of us though, that's not being humble. I love the academics in this school, challenging and it's a strict school. But they're discipline system is horrible. They are supposedly a catholic school.

Posted October 23, 2012
I have three children ranging in age from 10 to 21. All three of them attended or attend St. Thomas school in Providence, Rhode Island and it has been a wonderful experience all three times. My daughter is 21 and went on to attend Bayview from St. Thomas and is now in college with no problems at all. My son 16 years old is now at a very prestigious prep school in New Hampshire and is doing wonderfully. in fact, many of his current teachers constantly comment on how he was prepared by his former school. Lastly, my 10-year-old is currently in the fifth grade at St. Thomas school. She's doing very well, sometimes she has problems with getting motivated and the faculty, especially the 5th grade teacher works wonderfully with her and all the kids to keep them interested and prepared. I can't recommend it any higher.

St Thomas Regional School 0

Posted January 27, 2010
Hello, I would say that St. Thomas is a great school, especially for young students. My son had the oppertunity to go to this school for 2 years k and 1st grade. Unfortunately I have more children going to school now and can not afford to send them there, however what my son learned there was a strong study habit and great disipline. When he had to go to public school this year he wa shocked how the kids behaved recless and unorganized. They had nothing for homework. My sone did his homework in less than 2 min. The level of the work he was doing in school in second grade was already taught to him in !st. grade in St. Thomas.He excels above his fellow students now in public school and I have to go online to find challenging work.Wish I could send them all there.

St Thomas Regional School 1

Posted October 26, 2009
The school needs an overhaul....including all the interrelated staff and faculty! The principal is more concerned with how she looks than moving the school forward. She dictates rather than directs and leads.

Posted June 11, 2009
I have nothing but good things to say about st.Thomas school.I have twin boys in the first grade and was worrried when they began kindergartin last year that there was only one classroom that they would not be treated as individuals or that they would totally seperate them. I have worried for nothing-they treat the boys as individuals and seperate their seats, yet still let them do many things together.One of the boys was sick for most of last year and part of this year-he is great now,but when we were going through this hard time, miss colagiovanni and especially the principal mrs dimuccio were extremly patient,accomadating and helpful during this horrible time-people always told me never to put the kids in catholic school because you'll end up paying a tutor-they don't give extra help-so untrue-my son practically had his own literacy coach and is now doig great-i totally recommend

Posted June 08, 2009
My daughter, a 6th grader, is just completing her first year at St. Thomas. This is the third Catholic school that she has attended, and it is, by far, the best school for her needs. The teachers are supportive and encourage her to work to her best potential. The principal maintains discipline at all times. My daughter has wonderful classmates, who come from varied socio-economic backgrounds. I love this school and only wish we had found it earlier.

Posted May 08, 2009

St Thomas Regional School 2

Posted February 06, 2009
I find that St. Thomas Regional school is below average since they do not teach the children how to use a library or have a computer lab for the students. These are important tools for the future of our children. The school need to step into the 21st century.

St Thomas Regional School 4

Posted January 30, 2009
I am a seventh grader at St Thomas School, and I have enjoyed my time there every since first grade, when I came there first. The teachers are amazing, I have lots of friends, and St Thomas School is a great atmosphere.

St Thomas Regional School
15 Edendale Avenue, Providence, RI  02911
Last modified St Thomas Regional School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St Thomas Regional School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top