PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

My son started at MB this past year in the middle school, grade 7. His experience thus far has been wonderful. The class trip at the beginning of the year was a terrific ice breaker & allowed him to assimilate with ease. The faculty and administration are outstanding & provide great detailed feedback (where my son excels & what he needs to work on). The music, drama & athletics programs are also fantastic, my son played in the jazz band & orchestra, played 3 sports & will participate in the school play next year. Matt Glendinning the Head of School at MB is a fantastic leader, a real bright guy who & is transforming the school & building a strong foundation for the future. Jared Schott, Head of the Middle school is also an outstanding leader & so great with the kids. It really comes down to fit, & so far MB has been great for our son.

I graduated from MB nearly 2 decades ago. My time at the school was unremarkable and average at best. I have to agree with another poster below who had graduated over 20 years ago in terms of there being varying categories of students and how those categories of students were treated, encouraged and even taught by the teachers. I can recall many instances where there were certain students who could do no wrong and always were winning awards and goaded onto stardom. There were other students who were treated like pariahs and were never encouraged to do anything except to be average. In my opinion there appeared to be favoritism for certain students that was rampant from the teachers to the administration. There also seemed to be some teachers who practiced the favorite student religion more than others. It seems like the majority of those teachers have either retired or moved on from the days when I was a student. I am not denying that the education I received was superior. For someone who was average I went to college and really excelled and went on to become a leader in my field with 2 doctoral degrees. I can't deny that MB helped me a lot in this regards.

Moses Brown The teachers and academia are superb, my child is in middle school and thriving, he's not an athletic child but chose to push out of his comfort zone with the support of his teacher and coaches and played sports every season and well as advancing his musical talent. The arts are a big influence on Moses Brown and I am excited to see what the new performing arts center will bring. In my humble opinion, there is no better school than Moses Brown and I will always be grateful that my son has had the opportunity to attend.

If a strong academic curriculum is important to you, then I would not send my child to Moses Brown's Lower School Division. My kid learned more at home than he did at Moses Brown and I feel like we wasted our money. High school might be a different story, but we'll never know. There were some really nice people at the school, but I also came across a lot of unprofessional, rude, arrogant, conservative, elitist snobs. The negative posts by former students confirm my experience.

We have 2 children hat have attended MB for the last 4 years. We cannot say enough about the world class teachers, thoughtful curriculum and forward thinking administration. We are proud to send our children to MB.

As a current parent, I am grateful to be sending my boys to Moses Brown each day. They come home happy, having been challenged, inspired and cared for in their respective classrooms by both teachers and peers alike. With the school's high priority on acceptance and inclusivity, there is room for each child to explore, test and discover themselves. And when the kids trip and fall, the faculty and staff -- employing Quaker testimonies and CARES values and embracing teachable moments as they arise -- are there to pick them up, dust them off, and send them back in for more.

I graduated from Moses Brown a few years ago and can't say enough positive things. Moses Brown prepared me with all the necessary tools to excel in college and now in the corporate world. Many of the exact things my teachers at MB taught me, I use on a daily basis today. Each teacher cared about me not only as a student but also a person. My only disappointment is that I am no longer a student at MB and can t partake in the incredible vision and direction the school is headed. I will be sending my kids to Moses Brown as well!

As an alumnus and now a parent of two children in the lower school, I found the negative posts (most from many years ago) disheartening. In essence, MB is not an "athletic school", nor is it an "artsy school", nor is it a purely a rigorous "academic school". Moses Brown is a community of children, parents, staff and alumni who regularly strive to get the most out of your child through an experimental learning and expert teaching model. They help each and every child find their inner self and help that child mature into what excites them. For one child, it may be foreign languages, for another technology, for some it is athletics, and others it is music or drama. To label Moses Brown into one particular category is a mistake and does not reflect the well rounded experience available to your child.Yes, Moses Brown IS athletic, it IS arts, it IS academics and it IS Quaker. It is also many, many other things, which makes the close community you become part of so special when you are a student, a parent or an Alumnus. We as parents have had nothing but a positive experience to reflect on, and are looking forward to continuing to watch our children find their inner self.

I am proud to send my children to Moses Brown School where they have attended since Nursery. Each grade has expanded both their intellectual and emotional development in a warm caring environment- the teachers there genuinely care for each child and are exceptional at their work! Parents are partners in the process that creates curious, engaged, joyful learners.

As a not so recent past MB alum who has recently become active within the MB community I have to share how thoroughly impressed I am with the overall quality of the school, community and the vision for the future. From the school leadership to the tremendous faculty, students and staff, and a very engaged and supporting parent group, MB is on the leading edge of education on many fronts. I look forward to seeing what the future brings for this impressive institution.

Last modified Moses Brown School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12