Providence, RI

Posted September 02, 2014
The warmth of the community is truly unique and the new Head of School is phenomenal! My kids are loved and accepted for who they are, and yet push to be their best. I have nothing but positive things to say about my family's experience at JCDSRI... I only wish they had a middle school!

Posted April 28, 2014
JCDS is a great place -- the new head of school brings great leadership, creativity, and energy to the place -- the teachers are terrific, the community at large is warm and welcoming and simplhy exceptional -- it gives a fantastic general education (its graduates go on to the best middle schools both public and private) while producing Jewishly informed students (and families) -- remarkably it simultaneously feels comfortable to families with a very wide-range of Jewish observance and commitment, including people ranging (for example) from membership in orthodox synagogues, conservative, reform, and reconstructionist, to unaffiliated, with a number of interfaith families as well -- JCDS must be doing something right if such a wide range of people are happy there! (Again -- terrific secular education, and terrific Jewish feel -- perhaps that's it!) ... We love the place, all three of our kids are students there, and people should check out this jewel .....

Posted November 14, 2013
I love this school so much! I wish I had sent my two older sons here as well as my youngest, our daughter. Unlike the public schools my sons went to, my daughter is asked and encouraged to think critically and creatively as part of the regular curriculum, she is learning a second language, she has wonderful art, music, and gym classes, she is encouraged by the school to develop a sense of her own values and morals, and she gets recess every day which helps keep her healthy, balanced, and ready to learn. We also have a strong and incredibly supportive community here. I simply cannot recommend this school highly enough, it's been so wonderful for our daughter and our family!

Posted November 12, 2013
JCDS-RI is an amazing school with a wonderful community of teachers, staff and families. It is my son's 2nd year and he loves being there. The size is perfect for an elementary school- it creates an environment of learning and friendship throughout the school. One of the many great gems about the school is that there is buddy system- the PreK is matched with the 3rd grade "buddies.". It teaches the older students about mentorship and the younger ones are thrilled to have this special person as their friend for the next three years. This is just one example of the innovating teaching and learning that occurs at JCDS. Above all, the teachers & staff are so committed to their students- it is not uncommon for one of them to call after hours "just to check in." Through Jewish learning, they are helping me to raise my son to (hopefully!) be a thoughtful and kind person.

Posted November 08, 2013
Both my daughters graduated from JCDSRI (the youngest last year). They received a stellar education, provided by teachers who are passionate about their craft and invested in their students. The school's focus on the "whole child" is exceptional; every student is valued for his/her own learning style, interests, and temperment. The community of families is diverse, warm, and committed; we felt a real sense of belonging. The Head of School is a remarkable progressive educator and leader and is providing a strong vision and sense of excitement. I encourage you to check this school out if you are looking for a loving, joyful, diverse, welcoming, progressive place for your children. They will love learning, take pride in their increased resiliance and self-efficacy, further develop their character, help make the world a better place, and learn to be a responsible and engaged members of their communities!

Posted November 07, 2013
This morning, before breakfast, my kindergartner son asked "is it a school day today?" When I told him yes, he did a Tiger Woods-style fist pump and said 'YES!' That is the energy that my kids (K and 3rd grade) show each day, coming and going from JCDSRI. Much has been said below about the warm community, progressive education and excellent faculty and leadership - so true. It's just one of those places that you have to see (and feel) to believe. I can't wait for our third child to enter pre-K in 2016!

Posted November 07, 2013
We are so happy with JCDSRI. The education is excellent, and the school is very individualized for the academic and emotional needs of each child. There is an emphasis on community and caring that is unusual in a school these days. Financial aid is available so tuition costs should not make a parent hesitate to apply. The school is pluralistic and welcoming to all families. It is a wonderful option!

Posted November 01, 2013
My child came into this school in second grade and everyone at the school has been welcoming with open arms! The teachers keep excellent communication with the parents. The school is really a community that you belong to. The go above and beyond to make everyone feel apart of it too!! I am so happy with the choice we made to come to the JCDS and our child is very happy here!

Posted October 27, 2013
We decided to move our daughter from a Providence public school to JCDSRI in first grade and we could not be happier. It is such a gift to have our daughter come home from school raving about her day and we are pleased to see her in an academically-challenging but incredibly nurturing environment. Already this year, the second graders have gone to the park to study the life cycles of plants, built cars in the school's design center to study balance and motion, met with visiting Nigerians and learned about their culture, and mastered Hebrew script! And it's only October! As an interfaith family, I was concerned about how I would fit in to the school community as the non-Jewish parent but this has been a non-issue. Everyone is very warm and welcoming and I have been so pleased with my daughter's religious education. I feel like the emphasis is on developing kind, compassionate, thoughtful kids and not at all about memorizing dogma. My husband and I believe in public school but it was not meeting our daughter's needs. It was a difficult decision to move her to JCDSRI but we are so thankful we did. We have zero regrets and would recommend this school to anyone!

Posted October 24, 2013
Welcoming All. We have been at JCDS for 2 years now and love it. Their approach is child centered and progressive. The kids are respected, challenged and supported by their awesome teachers and staff. The community of parents is amazing too. Very open and down to earth. I love the emphasis on Jewish values and spirituality. There is a range of families: interfaith, secular to modern orthodox, single parents, LGBT, varying socioeconomic income, AND all are welcomed!

Jewish Community Day School Of Rhode Island
85 Taft Avenue, Providence, RI  02906
Last modified Jewish Community Day School Of Rhode Island is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Jewish Community Day School Of Rhode Island Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top