Posted October 30, 2013
I can say without hesitation that my 7th grader loves going to school at Lincoln every single day. She skips to the car in the morning! She is a high achieving student yet is challenged academically and well supported by her teachers. At Lincoln, she is being educated not only how to determine the correct answer but investigate why. On the social front, I am often impressed with the unique, creative and thoughtful activities that my daughter and her friends are working on or planning together. Lincoln is committed to bringing out the very best in young girls and guiding them to become articulate, strong and confident women.

Posted October 29, 2013
This is my daughter's fifth year at Lincoln and we absolutely love it! The all-girls environment, small class size, and extraordinary teachers have given her more academically, socially and emotionally than we could have hoped for! We have a wonderfully social class which has just added to the overall positive experience.

Lincoln School 4

Posted October 29, 2013
EXCELLENT. Lincoln School is the place where my daughter, who was severely bullied in a recommended public school 5th grade, thrived. It's a community as well as a school. Although resources for learning differences are limited, class size & excellent advising make a great difference for parents who can communicate their child's needs. My daughter scored in the 99th percentile for the 6th grade national admissions test & has been intellectually challenged throughout her 7 years at Lincoln, esp. in math & science. Because of Lincoln she will pursue science in college and is in her 2nd year of Robotics--something that would not have been possible in many other schools. The population is diverse because of nearby colleges and because parents of all economic levels seek it out. Lincoln's strong commitment to financial aid allowed my daughter to contribute to the school's economic diversity along with a number of her classmates. We STRONGLY RECOMMEND Lincoln School to anyone for its quality, well-rounded and empowering education.

Posted October 29, 2013
Lincoln School has been wonderful for my daughter. She's been there since 4th grade and is in high school now. The small size is wonderful for her learning style. She has gained a lot of confidence academically. It is more economically diverse compared to some of the other private schools in the area.

Posted October 29, 2013
We love Lincoln. They are giving my girls a wonderful education. My girls are empowered, encouraged and excelling.

Posted October 29, 2013
My daughter is a new 9th grader. She is somewhat shy at first, and did not really know anybody coming in, but now has a great group of nice friends that she spends time with outside of school. These girls are smart, kind, funny, supportive and interesting. The 3-day retreat early in September is great fun and makes the social transition seamless. The academic work is challenging and thought-provoking, but not overwhelming. Teachers are very responsive to student and parent feedback, and use many "best practices" educational techniques such as student-led socratic discussions, hands-on science, creative group and individual project work, etc. The weekly schedule allows for up to 6 free periods to get homework done or to pursue other interests. With this flexibility, some girls double up on foreign language, take extra electives, or spend time with peers in one of many clubs. Others practice their musical instruments, spend extra time in the art studio, or enjoy a break in the lounge. The all-girls environment provides a place where girls do not have to grow up so fast, as unfortunately depicted in popular culture. Our experience thus far has been fantastic.

Lincoln School 2

Posted June 13, 2013
This was SO awful. I came to Lincoln in the hopes that they could accommodate me with their resources and instead the curriculum was what I had taught myself in second grade. The teachers refused to give me or any of the smart girls something new to learn. The girls who had been at Lincoln before were seriously behind-SIXTH graders could barely type and didn't know that 25 x 4=100. The girls who had been in terrible public schools (me) were lightyears ahead. Socially, I was very happy, I had lots of friends. Outside of academics, the school is very fun. But what they don't advertise is that the number one reason girls leave is because of bullying-actually, it's almost the only reason. Once during an assembly where we were supposed to be singing and being loud, a teacher grabbed my and another girl's arm really tightly and screamed in our faces to get out because we had, apparently, made too much noise. She got no more than a scolding. But they do try to be charitable to the less fortunate and teach tolerance. Bottom line, if you are HIGHLY intelligent then you WON'T get the education you need here. Anyone who is above average, average, and below average will probably do okay here.

Posted June 13, 2013
Hello! Lincoln School Rocks!!This year I was new to this great and small community of lincoln school.I was in ninth grade (today all of the upper school graduated together,so I'm a tenth grader now).This is an amazing school,unlike any other school.I am SO happy that I chose Lincoln.The girls welcomed me into their community with kindness,love,jokes,and friendship.These friendships will last forever.Lincoln,its teachers, and all of its students have taught me: to try my best on my school work(but not to over do it),learn how to listen to friends and make friends that will last forever,be very passionate and competitive about sports,have fun while working hard,and to be a good,humble,and true person no matter what.Lincoln has taught me to work hard,not to be afraid to try new things,and to try my best to succeed.I can honestly tell you that I LOVE Lincoln,I love the school,the teachers,the food,the classes,the great opportunities,and of course all of the girls!If you are deciding on what school to go to or to send your daughter,PLEASE send her to Lincoln. She will love it here and Lincoln itself will love her.

Posted January 11, 2013
I am a new upper school parent this year. I have never seen my daughter as happy as she is at Lincoln. She found a friendly and welcoming environment, devoted and encouraging teachers. She made friends very easily and was not encountered with the cliques situation. On the contrary, my daughter has found that it is very easy to talk to anyone. She has made friends with girls from different classes, even seniors. Girls are outgoing and take their school work very serious. When my girl came home and told me Dad, it is cool to study here, girls even study on the bus! , when she found out that one of her (very good) teachers has been at the school for over 20 years, and that another had a PhD. Those are all good signs . My daughter is extremely happy at Lincoln, she s proud to be there and actually looks forward to going to school everyday!

Lincoln School 4

Posted January 11, 2013
Lincoln has been wonderful for my daughter, who has thrived at a small school. The teachers and staff really know her, and she's gained a confidence that I'm not sure she would have gotten if she were at a larger (or co-ed) school. The great thing about being in a girls' school in lower and middle grades is that leadership is not defined by gender. The uniform is a great equalizer as well.The school focuses a lot on math and science, which though not always pleasant for the English and arts girls, is certainly important. I give it 4 stars instead of 5 because it is expensive.

Lincoln School